London Freeze

Edit My Images
Yes
This weekend hosted an outdoor real snow big air and trick competition at Battersea power station. Unfortunately I only went for the Sunday, and as you're probably aware, the weather was terrible Saturday night and a lot of Sunday which washed the snow away! :(

That completely wrote off the big air competition but they put on a trick competition using the lower half of the ramp, a big kicker, and an air bag to land on.

Nevermind; I got to see some ridiculous tricks and took some photos. They're not very good as it was very overcast, poor light, and high speed antics required a high shutter speed so with a high ISO they're quite 'noisy' but I hope some of them at least amuse you.

100_2699ax.JPG

#2 - The Superman front flip!
100_2704ax.JPG

100_2711x.JPG

100_2712ax.JPG

100_2716ax.JPG

100_2721ax.JPG

100_2722x.JPG

100_2727x.JPG

100_2740x.JPG

- Ravingfool

Apparently he even landed that one right side up! I didn't see because my eye was still in the camera but supposedly he managed a very late tuck and came out of it somehow!

One good thing about them having to use the air bag was all the boarders were prepared to try things they clearly wouldn't have risked on snow.

Shame you can't really tell how high they are, try getting the ramp in the background next time.

Back