London graffiti

I like what your trying to do but I think you need to think about the compositions a little more and the lighting. This set are all a bit square on and flat for me, I think they would be improved if you looked for some more interesting angles and compositions.

...except he hasnt just taken photographs of other people's work, with maybe the exception of #6, they are all in the context of an environment and composed accordingly. For a start he is taking photographs of other people's work, but the first three, for example demonstrate the environment of that artwork and are nicely composed - IMHO.

I'm not a fan of #4, I think it's too cluttered and there is no real focus of the image. An uninteresting, delapidated building with some *****y old tags, however #5 is my favourite. The graffiti itself is very dull, however it is framed by the corrogated iron and the rubbish below which gives it fabulous meaning. My only minor criticism would be to have not chopped the right hand side off, assuming of course that it was similar to the left and didnt last for an expanse on the right.

#6 is a record of someone else's work and not much else, but it is great work and so I love the photo.

Thanks for sharing Lewis. Ignore the naysayers. Unless they add meaningful criticism, of course...which they didnt.

Last edited:
thanks people,
i know i still need to work on my angles and the like.

the focus of number 4 was meant to be the temp 32 tag at the back.
as for ****** old tags hahahaha, there quite big names in the graff world, but i can see why people dont like it, but trying new angles is on my list of things to improve.

Last edited:
Back