London in Abstract (added 1 pic - post 8)

+1

For the heck of it, in order, they are

1. GLA Building by Foster + Partners, 2002

2. Riverside House by David Bank Architects, 2010

3. Minerva House by Twigg, Brown & Partners, 1983

Twigg Brown were also the master planners of the nearby London Bridge City development along the river from No. 1 London Bridge to Hays Galleria.

:)

Brill set! I like them all! My only niggle is that I want the first to be symmetrical.
The second works off centre well, and the third is wonderful! Great colours.

Thank you guys, much appreciated as ever and Music man thanks for the tags ;) I'll find a building one day you don't recognise!!!

Jake I did do a shot of the GLA symmetrical (with the spiral in the centre) so could process that, maybe that would be a stronger image in this case, my girlfriend preffered the symetrical one but I was stubborn and persisted with the off centre version.

She's usually right...

One must always listen to the woman! Haha
I notice you're only down the road from me in Cirencester, if you're ever out and fancy shooting drop me a message.

That is much better in my opinion! Turned a good shot into a great one!
I'm in London briefly on Friday night, but sadly it'll be pitch black, won't be getting shots like these!

Really enjoying those! No 3 for me because it's got light, rhythm & texture.

Lovely fresh take of busy London; and yes, the symmetrical pic with the spiral stairs work better in my opinion :)

Thank you for sharing these.

Great set. Think that "See through" is my favourite as I can actually see the desk I used to work at when I was based in Minerva House!

URL] [img]

Last edited:
Back