London O2 Dome and Canary Wharf

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
London O2 Dome and Canary Wharf

I actually went to take a picture of the Thames Barrier and came back with this picture taken from right next to the Barrier

HDR using 9 picture from -4 EV to +4 EV

Enhanced by markbaker1975, on Flickr

Think you need to tone down the lights in the HDR one :/

I may look at retrying the HDR but correcting the picture before it's processed!

Thanks for all your comments

I do hope that you don't mind Mark but I'd done an edit of the second photo that you've posted...there is a stunning image to be had from what you posted it just needs a little more editing to bring it out so I've done and edit...

Basically all I've done is just adjust things, I've loaded it into photoshop as if it were a RAW file, not the best thing to do unless it really is but it gives me the tools I needed

I've boosted the exposure in two ways, I've actually increased the exposure by nearly two full stops, and pulled out some detail from the shadows, but in doing this I've also had to counter what would now be large blown highlights so I've dropped the highlights out and also reduced the whites brightness a little..

I've tweaked the contrast and clarity up a small amount and also boosted the vibrancy of the colours to give it the kick that I think the scene needed as there are a lot of different colours there

Cosmetically I've cloned out a couple of very faint dust spots...the aircraft trail and what was I think the only star visible in the scene at that time of dusk..I've also cropped in a little tighter to loose a little of the empty sky..the edged where it wasn't all that interesting and the bottom to loose the little bit of embankment that was visible

If you wish me to remove the edit please just say

Dome and CW edit by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt

That's great Matt! Really pleased with the out come of that. I took several shot with different shutter speed but none (other than the HDR) with different exposure settings. Although I took a lot of my pictures in jpeg I did take some RAW pictures too!

You've made a good job of that

Mark

That's great Matt! Really pleased with the out come of that. I took several shot with different shutter speed but none (other than the HDR) with different exposure settings. Although I took a lot of my pictures in jpeg I did take some RAW pictures too!

You've made a good job of that

Mark

Thanks I'd like to think that I know how to edit a night/dusk type photo to get the most out of it, it helped that you got it not far of being right in the first place (y) I just did that last little bit (y)

Back