London: The People

Dark Star

TPer Emeritus
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Still more from the London shots from last weekends outing

This time its a mix of people. Is it 'Street'? I have no idea :)

Paraphrasing Kryptix's comments about my recent architecture shots: "I just attached a 70-200mm lens and tried to take a picture of people or something" :LOL:

So here are a few of my attempts Comments and Critique welcomed :)

1) Daddy Cool (never noticed the sign until I was processing :))

3611148949_a64b94590d_o.jpg

2) Tired
3604725247_9f7cb092fc_o.jpg

3) Seated

3605542328_42a7ebfb8e_o.jpg

4) Down

3605480844_4d1441dcbf_o.jpg

5) Smile

3617070773_b2868f5230_o.jpg

6) Spotted

3612249330_8348c30191_o.jpg

Last edited:
Tired is great (y)

Those two in the window look like brother and sister...or is it two girls?:D

and as for Daddy cool...great spot :)

Thanks Pat for the comments - looks like this thread hasn't set the world on fire though :)

A very fortuitous shot in #1, John (y) (well planned and executed :D)
And my second favourite has the be the pearly Queen

So you can call yourself a "street tog" now John :D and very good results for just sticking a 70-200 on ;).

No.6 has a "real life" look about it(y)

Generally I don't like to see street photography shot with tele lenses. Aproaching people is very important, so you can feel you're really there when watching the photos. But I think the last one looks very nice and you caught some very natural and interesting expressions. ;)

A very fortuitous shot in #1, John (well planned and executed )
And my second favourite has the be the pearly Queen

Thanks Chris - that was lucky indeed :)

1, 2, 5 and 6 are my favourites John

Cheers Rob - you have some good ones to post I know ;)

I love no. 6. Excellent.

Ta Brian :)

So you can call yourself a "street tog" now John :D and very good results for just sticking a 70-200 on ;).

No.6 has a "real life" look about it

Ah no not sure I'm "street" just yet Mal ;) Cheers mate :)

Generally I don't like to see street photography shot with tele lenses. Aproaching people is very important, so you can feel you're really there when watching the photos. But I think the last one looks very nice and you caught some very natural and interesting expressions. ;)

Its a good point David thats why I opened with the question 'is it street'

I guess however it's what most of us view on the street and from the same distance that most of us tend view it

And for me #2 for example gives a sad and isolated (and real) view of the old chap on the bench and is more effective and poignant than something closer...not sure if that makes sense :)

Thanks for the comments :)

I really really like these. #1 would be a classic if the writing was a bit more prominent but its still a great shot, great reaction.

EDIT, I think im still a bit drunk, just realisedhe wasn't even looking at the camera, even better.

Last edited:
1 & 2 for me John out of a very good set. The only one I'm not keen on is the last, just doesn't work for me.

I really really like these. #1 would be a classic if the writing was a bit more prominent but its still a great shot, great reaction.

EDIT, I think im still a bit drunk, just realisedhe wasn't even looking at the camera, even better.

Cheers Luke - good way to start a Sunday eh? :D

1 & 2 for me John out of a very good set. The only one I'm not keen on is the last, just doesn't work for me.

Thanks Colin - #6 is probably my least fave of the set too but seems to have gone done well - #1 and #2 for me too :)

I have to agree from the set 1 stand out, its perfect :).

just out of curiosity how do you get the nerve to take shots of people in the street?

John you have found some intresting people here and caught them well :clap:

Thanks Ruth much obliged!

I have to agree from the set 1 stand out, its perfect :).

just out of curiosity how do you get the nerve to take shots of people in the street?

Cheers Morgan - ah the nerve needed in my case is minimal - I'm using along lens so I'm not in their faces and, apart from #5 and #6 who were happy to be photogpahed the others were unaware or looking away!

#1 - I just plucked up a little nerve and shot :)

As discussed above many feel that 'street' stuff should be up close and personal and there are many class acts on this forum who do it that way.

I'm not one of them :D

Its a good point David thats why I opened with the question 'is it street'

I guess however it's what most of us view on the street and from the same distance that most of us tend view it

And for me #2 for example gives a sad and isolated (and real) view of the old chap on the bench and is more effective and poignant than something closer...not sure if that makes sense :)

Thanks for the comments :)

Although it's not important how we classify photos, I think it's definitely street photography. :)

About the picture number 2, of course it makes sense and I understand what you mean. It's indeed a good moment!

By the way, how do you know my real name? :)

Cheers Graham and Spence and once again thanks David

And David - its all revealed here :) Linky

Cheers Graham and Spence and once again thanks David

And David - its all revealed here :) Linky

Ah, of course! I totally forgot that information is available in the public profile! :p

About the comment, you're welcome.

Back