London - Vicki

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
No
So I planned out a route around London, we started about 10am and by 6pm we had only just made it to Shoreditch having walked about 10 miles - by this point we were both tired and called it a day.

The full set here, perhaps i could thin it out a bit more - but I guess Vicki might want options for her social media.

Vicki Sayers - London - Full (59 of 112) - B0006350 by Daniel Cook, on Flickr

Vicki Sayers - London - Full (52 of 112) - B0006284 by Daniel Cook, on Flickr

Vicki Sayers - London - Full (48 of 112) - B0006254 by Daniel Cook, on Flickr

Vicki Sayers - London - Full (61 of 112) - B0006369 by Daniel Cook, on Flickr

Vicki Sayers - London - Full (62 of 112) - B0006386 by Daniel Cook, on Flickr

Vicki Sayers - London - Full (72 of 112) - B0006504 by Daniel Cook, on Flickr

Vicki Sayers - London - Full (76 of 112) - B0006540 by Daniel Cook, on Flickr

Vicki Sayers - London - Full (80 of 112) - B0006563 by Daniel Cook, on Flickr

Good set ... 52 & 94 work well for me. :)

Thanks for sharing @dancook I was curious to see how these turned out.

How do you feel they went?

I like your more intimate shots with direct eye contact - 100, 83 and 62 (always like that shot)

From the full gallery - 60 is nice as it shows her personality imo.

I feel it was a productive day, and we both enjoyed it.

I rarely do 1-on-1 photoshoots like this and she's also not a model, but she did well I think.

It helped build up my confidence, when I see something that looks interesting, instead of spending time just thinking about whether we should make the stop - I forced myself to do so. I overthink things and don't want to waste people's time by trying and failing :) but really I need to do lots of that ...

This is why I enjoy event photography, and weddings up until the point I have to direct the B+G for some couple shots :D

There's a whole swathe of street photography style shots that could have been interesting to explore, unfortunately with the extra bags and guitar made the idea of shooting in crowded places too troublesome.

Last edited:
I feel it was a productive day, and we both enjoyed it.

I rarely do 1-on-1 photoshoots like this and she's also not a model, but she did well I think.

It helped build up my confidence, when I see something that looks interesting, instead of spending time just thinking about whether we should make the stop - I forced myself to do so. I overthink things and don't want to waste people's time by trying and failing :) but really I need to do lots of that ...

This is why I enjoy event photography, and weddings up until the point I have to direct the B+G for some couple shots :D

There's a whole swathe of street photography style shots that could have been interesting to explore, unfortunately with the extra bags and guitar made the idea of shooting in crowded places too troublesome.
Thanks @dancook for that.

Glad you enjoyed it and found it beneficial - building confidence is always difficult but comes with practice!
I'm sure she's happy with these!

A lovely set Dan and you’ve captured some great images and some funky locations, I too preferred the ones with eye contact. I would have liked to have seen some different outfits as you’ve chosen some interesting locations and maybe some different coloured/more funky outfits would have suited those better but you then start to need a wardrobe assistant!

I'm no expert on this subject but I really like them Dan. Lovely subject, nice variety of locations and mood. The shooting and editing styles also makes it look like everything wasn't shot on the same day as such.

The effort put in was worth it for these results imo (y)

A lovely set Dan and you’ve captured some great images and some funky locations, I too preferred the ones with eye contact. I would have liked to have seen some different outfits as you’ve chosen some interesting locations and maybe some different coloured/more funky outfits would have suited those better but you then start to need a wardrobe assistant!

Yea the outfits are going to be something i will figure out, the green went well with the earthy colours the Barbican gives off. I declined a white jumper with black stripes as I was concerned it would be too distracting.

I'm no expert on this subject but I really like them Dan. Lovely subject, nice variety of locations and mood. The shooting and editing styles also makes it look like everything wasn't shot on the same day as such.

The effort put in was worth it for these results imo (y)

Thanks,

Now I want to do this again, but my overthinking brain thinks what if I just take all the same photos - hah

These are great - I might struggle to do any photography for that length of time, so fair play to both of you for maintaining interest levels and energy!

Thanks, yes I was a little concerned about what I'd roped Vicki into - but she was very enthusiastic, and she's probably recovered quicker than I have :)

This is the route I planned, but went a little off-piste at times.

Never found an aesthetic cafe to shoot in, and by the time we got to the subway at the end we had no energy for it.

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-07 at 20.29.47.jpg

Lovely stuff Dan!
I could choose some favourites but that would detract from the set as a whole.

... the only ones I'm not a fan of are those shot around the Barbican but that's just 'cos I've seen too many photoshoots from there ...

Thanks Simon, not that I've seen them, but maybe I'll have to spend more time in London exploring and finding unique locations!

Hi Dan.

These look great to me.

Thanks for sharing them.

They are very inspirational.

Gaz

Back