Critique Long exposure bridge in France

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
All comments appreciated!

Thanks for looking, Phil

Info: Lee 'Big Stopper' with Lee 6-stop Neutral Density to allow a 30 second exposure at f/2.

Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III, f/2 @ 50 mm, 30s, ISO 100, No Flash
p805877380-5.jpg

Lovely composition, but why did you shoot at f2?
The foreground rocks being OOF become a distraction, rather than nice foreground interest.

Thanks for your comment - I see what you mean, but I wanted to pop the bridge - when viewed large I think it gives a 3-D look that a smaller aperture might have lost.

Phil

I also like this Phill, the movement in the tree and water contrasts well with the solidarity of the bridge, am unsure about the foreground rocks though.

I like it too - agree it makes it look tilt-shifty, but not in a bad way.
I find the tree in the background more distracting than the rock in front.

Nice photo, I can see what you were after with the 3D effect and think it kind of works, the only bit I find distracting is the tree in the back ground but like the flowing water and rock in the foreground

Many thanks all I appreciate the general positive response and the issues with the rock and the background tree have given me something to think about.

I especially like:
Very different and all the better for it.

Phil

I thought that too gary, looks tilt-shifty - check out the tree in the background, thats doing the funky pigeon ! lol, I like it though, almost looks like a toy-sized bridge, nice location!

I laughed when I noticed the tree.... its a little distracting for me though as my eye is drawn to it rather than the bridge.

I must say is different. I looked at picture slowly at when I saw three.... I like it:) It does make 3rd dimension.

Back