Long Night Exposures

Edit My Images
Yes
Hey, I am very new to the forum and photography (a month or two now ha!). Had a go at some long exposures; my first attempt. Was quite difficult as it was very quiet that night!

C&C welcome.

7507618832_fc7ae8abba_c.jpg

7507621036_9e0d581f6b_c.jpg

7507623494_28dfc32458_c.jpg

7507625732_e62bee0f80_c.jpg

Last edited:
Not keen on the 'star' effect but some interesting pics ... you will get a better response if you link directly to the pics rather than just posting a link URL :)

I've just been reading one of my Flickr contacts profiles: the star effect is a product of long exposure, aperture size and amount of blades. Larger f-number (smaller aperture) will produce a more pronounced star. It makes sense :)
http://www.flickr.com/people/55927440@N04/
(About 1/2 way down a long page )

Last edited:
So If I want to reduce them, will need to use an ND filter if the ISO and the Shutter speed are already as I want; the ND so I can use a lower fstop and keep the exposure?

To be honest the star effect is almost a given when shooting at night but as posted above smaller apertures will increase the star effect, to be honest none of these are really working for me, though I have to say that third one my god that is one bumpy road :eek: now my reason for not being overly keen is simply the amount of street furniture in frame :( also you from the first one you have at least one possibly more dust spots :( also on that one what has caused the issue in the left top of frame with the black corner?

Welcome to TP :wave:

Matt
MWHCVT

Back