Long tail tits

Lovely little birds and a frame filling shot to boot.
My humble observation would be you could (have) improve(d) the composition by moving the view to the left slightly thereby avoiding having a slim bit of feeder and a chopped off blue tit on the right and having some LTT tails chopped off on the left(and bottom)

Last edited:
Sorry, the LTT's are good but shots on feeders are a def no no. Feeders are good to attract the birds but do not make good photos - set up a branch nearby and shoot them as they stop off on the way in

Stan

Sorry, the LTT's are good but shots on feeders are a def no no.
Says who? Is there a rule book I'm unaware of? (obviously there's not)

Feeders are good to attract the birds but do not make good photos - set up a branch nearby and shoot them as they stop off on the way in

Good advice but if he *wants* to take photos of birds on a feeder it's his call isn't it.

Says who? Is there a rule book I'm unaware of? (obviously there's not)

Good advice but if he *wants* to take photos of birds on a feeder it's his call isn't it.

So sorry, I thought critique was allowed

Stan

Aah what a lovely photo. Lovely birds. Not that I ever see them...I'd love them to come on my feeders!

I don't mind shots of birds on feeders because it's the birds that interest me.

That said from a 'photography' point of view a lot of people (including me) spend a lot of time trying to create a set up for photographing the same birds away from the feeders as it offers a more 'natural' shot.

There's no rule book and it's just down to personal preference.

Always nice to have the long tailed tits Jeff. I've a squadron in my garden at the moment. They've always gone for the fat balls but today I put a block of old Cheddar out on the 'scrap spike' feeder. When I went through to the kitchen to make a brew I looked out of the window and there were about a dozen LTTs clumped around it.

Last edited:
An LTT around here is as rare as rocking horse sH*t, don't know why, when I get just about everything else

I live on the edge of a village surrounded by farmland, but only get Sparrows and the occasional Robin on my feeders.:(

Back