Long Tailed Tit - spot metering used

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Tried out the instant spot metering I have set up using the E-3's Fn button when taking this shot of a Long Tailed Tit today. Sky is totally blown, but the bird is exposed correctly. Some minor adjustments in Lightroom for clarity.

Excellent shot John.

I find the instant spot metering works a treat when doing Panoramics as you can hold the metering [FN] seperate to the focus on the shutter button.

Cheers Chris - you may have already seen the shot on the Oly forums, but thanks for replying here. The shot is really down to you matey... you know what I mean eh! :)

I did do some minor adjustments to exp and levels in LR, but not too much. I am pleased with the E-3's spot metering have to say. The sky was actually white yesterday when I took the shot as well so am not certain how the sky might have been processed by the E-3 had it been blue...? Have to say though that the E-3's spot metering on the Long Tailed Tit was 'spot' on!:)

Well i'll be giving the E-3 and the Spot Metering a good workout at Chester Zoo this weekend.

The only problem i have is which lenses to take :shrug:

I was thinking 12-60mm SWD / 50-200mm SWD / EC-14. Dont think the 7-14mm and the 150 Macro would be used (got a canon 500D addon lens for the close up stuff if needed). Would probably stick the FL-50r in the bag as well, just to blind a few animals :D

Back