Looking for a meal..

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Everyone,

Here is a couple of shots that I took on the sail back into port while working in Tunisia.

I have no idea what species they are but was more interested in trying to catch them in focus.

These were taken with the camera built in flash and I was having quite a hard time getting a decent photo being as we were doing 12 knots and the birds were even faster.

They are quite severly cropped because they would not come too close to the side of the boat and I only have the kit lens for now.

Would love to hear you thoughts (y) or :thumbsdown:

cropped.jpg

cropped2.jpg

Number one the eye looks a little oof but that might be due to the crop. Number 2 is very impressive the eye is nice and sharp and a i love the "pose" of the bird. Not 100% sure on the black background though.

Number one the eye looks a little oof but that might be due to the crop. Number 2 is very impressive the eye is nice and sharp and a i love the "pose" of the bird. Not 100% sure on the black background though.

Thanks for your reply, I didn't know what to do about the eye in the first picture it was like that when I took it.

As for the background it was night time and we were offshore so there is nothing but black sea, I quite like it because there is nothing to take focus away from the birds.

Thanks for your reply, I didn't know what to do about the eye in the first picture it was like that when I took it.

As for the background it was night time and we were offshore so there is nothing but black sea, I quite like it because there is nothing to take focus away from the birds.

sometimes the focus just isn't on the eye, i don't think there is anything you can do about it. Most of my wildlife pics have that problem.

I would agree the background does make the bird stand out, it just looked a little unnatural to me. Although i expect that's because im used to seeing birds shots with blue sky or trees behind them.

sometimes the focus just isn't on the eye, i don't think there is anything you can do about it. Most of my wildlife pics have that problem.

I would agree the background does make the bird stand out, it just looked a little unnatural to me. Although i expect that's because im used to seeing birds shots with blue sky or trees behind them.

I know what you mean, about the blue sky tree's thing, I tried to capture these as they were amazing to watch as we were sailing along as they would chase alongside the boat.

They weren't too keen on the flash going off in there face though :D

I did think about trying to photochop the eye in the first bird because of the strange colour of it but not sure how to do it properly.

yeah i bet they didnt like the flash.

My photoshop skills are seriously lacking but others might be able to help, good luck.

Strange that you got red eye in the first pic when the the birds's eye is more square to the lens in the second shot.

Both excellent, the second is the winner for me though.

Very quick and dirty fix on the red eye...

cropped-edit.jpg

Nice CT, how did u do that then, when i tried the red eye tool in camera raw it did nothing...:shrug:

I drew a tight mask around the eye with the freehand mask tool, feathered the mask by a couple of pixels, brought the gamma right down then desaturated the bit of colour still left.

I drew a tight mask around the eye with the freehand mask tool, feathered the mask by a couple of pixels, brought the gamma right down then desaturated the bit of colour still left.

:LOL: Mmmm quick and dirty, I think not.... I thought I might get an answer that would confuse me, but thanks for the reply.

I will do some research into what you have said rather than bug you with tedious questions.

(y)

LOL. Sorry mate I gotsa hit the road. It's actually a lot easier than it sounds. :D

Back