looking for a small camera backpack that takes 2 bodies and a 70-200

mrjames

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
i'm looking for a camera backpack

preferably under £100, don't even mind getting a used one

preferably smallish- around the size of my current (not photography specific) backpack, i'll get measurements but it's just a standard backpack like you wore at school

would prefer it to look plain, quite urban looking, no need for straps and buckles everywhere, and nothing like the tamrac bags which are just awful to look at

needs to hold a 15" laptop, a 5d2 with grip with 24-70 and a second gripped body, preferably with 70-200 attached but could travel with the lens detached. Also needs to carry a few small prime lenses and the 16-35 2.8, maybe a couple of flashes and triggers

will only really be using it to transport gear to a shoot, not to go hiking or walking etc

would really love to see what your favorite bags are
thanks

sounds like you need a tardis like properties from you bag :p
look at kata stuff, or think of rollercase plus backpack, save your back :)

Not really going to happen with a photo bag as the laptop camera bags tend to have a lot of padding around the laptop pocket. Could you get a laptop padded wallet and put it in that?

There's plenty of small backpacks, something like the lowepro trekker, or the reporter type ones, and if you don't want the straps then cut them off.

However, small backpack and 15" laptop doesn't really go together. I went tablet route for my small backpack, very portable bag and display.

I've a Lowepro MiniTrekker and it should hold the 2 bodies and 70-200 lens easily and a couple of other lenses. Does have some straps and buckles on, but you could always cut these off if you were to find a 2nd hand one that suited your needs, if you really didn't want them on. You could squeeze a laptop in the front pocket (not sure unto what size)...

It has been superseded by the Pro Runner now (which comes in a few different sizes), so could be worth a look at.

If it is only to transport your equipment, why not look at a case - such as the Peli type of case ???

Not sure a MiniTrekker is quite deep enough for gripped bodies. For me, the chest and waist straps are handy to help spread the load.

My regular bag is a ThinkTank Streetwalker, which will (just) take my 7D with 300 f4 + 1.4 TC fitted, and get my 70-200 f2.8 and a 17-55 f2.8. They do a version called the Streetwalker Harddrive that's a little bigger and can take a 15" laptop. That could be your answer. If you choose to go without the laptop, there's an intermediate bag, the Streetwalker Pro.

I've been very impressed by the ThinkTank stuff.

Link to site: http://www.thinktankphoto.com/categories/camera-backpacks/streetwalker-backpacks.aspx

I've a mini trekker, you won't get a laptop safely in it, nor in the front pocket. I've replaced it with a pro runner as the main zip is iffy, and the front pocket is bigger but not for a 15" laptop.
I've a computrekker which will do what you want but it's a heavy bag to start with due to the additional padding.
Probably best to go to a store with a large selection and see what suits.

Back