Looking For Advice On A New Camera To Get

Name
Danny
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello, I was going through financial difficulties a while ago and had to sell my camera in order to pay my rent, which I now regret anyway... So basically I am looking at getting a new camera, it's a choice between three: Nikon D3200, Nikon D5100 and Pentax K-500. After looking on SnapSort, the Pentax looks to be the best but I think at the moment I am swaying towards the D3200. I had a Nikon D3100 before and I am quite a big fan of Nikons and have never used a Pentax. Which camera would you go for out of the above, or are there any different cameras that you would suggest for up to £400?

Hi Danny, I'm a Canon user myself, so not really au fait with Nikon. However, what I will say is that if you go for Nikon, it will give you future access to quality lenses. Always try to spend more on the glass than the camera body...unless you win the lottery.

Philip

Thank for the advice, at the moment my preference is the D3200 a stated above, I would also like the model to be compatible with a wireless shutter release (my D3100 wasn't).

If you have been happy with a Nikon in the past then it is difficult to argue against going for another one. As you mentioned Pentax, if you could stretch the budget a little a well known shop in Watford is doing a nice deal on the K30, which got some good reviews when it was released.

Dave

Thanks Dave, whilst I have heard that some of the Pentax model are quite good, I think I will tick with Nikon some more, been looking all afternoon at different cameras and think I will probably go for the 3200 now :)

I recently sold my d90, tamron 17-50 f2.8, Nissin speedlight and elements 10 for 500.

The d90 is a bit cheaper than the d7000 and performs great. Having two dials makes it functionally a joy to use. Also you can use the older d lenses as the body has a motor to drive older lenses.

See if you can pick one up to play with?

S

pentax imo, you can adapt a bunch of lenses, and should have lots of good features on it :)

There are plenty of used D7000's going on the classified forums here for < £400. Seen some on eBay going for about that too. If you can then deffo the D7000. Otherwise I'd say save up a tiny bit longer first. The reason being is that whilst the D3200 has a really good sensor, all the other features on the D7000 make it the superior camera and I think you would outgrow the D3200 very quickly.

Back