Loose monopod :( How to fix?

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
OK I have a manfrotto 680B and since its first week the middle catch has been loose and unusable.. However 90% of my photography is sat down so I didn't really care.. Recently thought I ahve had need to stand and I cant tighten the middle catch.. the screw is as tight as can be.. is there some trick?

Any Help appreciated :)

hmm, I have the 682B and had a sliding clamp too.

I just tighted the nyloc nut on the back of the lever section of the clamp.
If it's the main screw, maybe release it completely,check for cracks and refit with some threadlock?

Like so..

mono.jpg

The little socket spanner came with my Manfrotto studio stands and fits all their products. Seems a standard size for all these types of clamps too. It lives in my camera bag.

Looks like a 7 or 8 mm socket tony, should be able to tighten it no bother. Any problems i can look at it this wk if your around

ah ha!!!! THANKS TREBS for the pic.. on mine theeres screw and bolt clearly vissible but above that its just a cover over a bolt.. until i saw the pic i didnt know it was a cover.. now i do i got it off and can tightwen ... cheers

the confusing bit was.. why have a cover over one and not the other.. hence why i didnt think it was :)

ah ha!!!! THANKS TREBS for the pic.. on mine theeres screw and bolt clearly vissible but above that its just a cover over a bolt.. until i saw the pic i didnt know it was a cover.. now i do i got it off and can tightwen ... cheers

the confusing bit was.. why have a cover over one and not the other.. hence why i didnt think it was :)

I`m at home if your struggling mate,give me a shout if you need assistance.

all sorted... feel a bit daft really.. i had thought they where covers over nuts but then thought no.. why cover one and not the other... like anything else.. easy when you know how... many thanks... ya just gotta keep loving this place havent ya:)

Back