NSFW Lost images

Edit My Images
Yes
Was after some help, my dad goes up to the public records office to research stuff on mustangs and part of it is taking pictures of documents, he's been up today and returned home and somehow wiped all his photos (not sure how) no format has taken place! Is there any way to retrieve them??
Thanks

If it is a memory card, have you tried to view the card contents with more than one device? e.g. in-camera, using one or more card readers?

I went through this a while ago and tried looking for free programs on line but I soon got frustrated as often they say they're free but all they do is scan and then charge you to recover the files. Personally I wouldn't waste my time looking for free ones as the ones you pay for from the big name brands are reasonably priced and do the job. I ended up buying a recovery package from Sandisk and it seems to work.

I've used zar (zero assumption recovery) in the past, the image recovery mode is free and worked for me.

Piriform recuva is free and works perfectly, as does disk digger (less easy to use but more thorough)

Not sure why you tagged this as NSFW ?

However, all the above are good pointers to recovery programs and I have used ZAR when needed.

But FWIW the one camera and card and type I found nothing worked on was Fuji and an xD card and that was for reasons I have never discovered was irrecoverable.

I do hope you have told him to stop using the card because if he has the more it is used the greater the overwrite and less chance of full if any recovery!

Last edited:
Not sure why you tagged this as NSFW ?

However, all the above are good pointers to recovery programs and I have used ZAR when needed.

But FWIW the one camera and card and type I found nothing worked on was Fuji and an xD card and that was for reasons I have never discovered was irrecoverable.

I do hope you have told him to stop using the card because if he has the more it is used the greater the overwrite and less chance of full if any recovery!

Sorry don't even no what nsfw is and that I did it!! Thanks for info all I'll pass it on!

Sorry don't even no what nsfw is and that I did it!! Thanks for info all I'll pass it on!

It means Not Safe For Work ;)

If he and you need more specific help do please tell what camera, type of memory card what if anything he did that triggered the loss of images and whether the loss is just when viewed on camera....... If so has he tried to view the card contents on a computer.

Back