Critique Low Key Take 2!

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
No
My second attempt at doing low key

Using the wife once again, (I'm sure she gets totally sick of me asking her to pose in front of the camera)

This (in my opinion) is 100 times better than my 1st attempt, once again be as brutal as you like (I won't take it the wrong way) as I just want to get better...

IMG_2277 by happygrumpz, on Flickr

Just for reference, this was my 1st attempt...

IMG_2228 by happygrumpz, on Flickr

Fire away! :exit:

You right it is 100 times better than the first one.
I think I'd prefer it if the lighting was less frontal, and more to the side, throwing more shadow onto the opposite side of the face. Just my thoughts. Keep it up though.

Much better than the first still looks very under exposed to me tho. Light source looks to be giving a star effect catchlight which I'm not sure if I like and her hair totally blends into the background.

Keep going tho buddy, you are defo moving the right direction..

You right it is 100 times better than the first one.
I think I'd prefer it if the lighting was less frontal, and more to the side, throwing more shadow onto the opposite side of the face. Just my thoughts. Keep it up though.

Ok, I'll give that a go, thankyou.

Much better than the first still looks very under exposed to me tho.

Hmmm, really? Ok I'll look into that.

Light source looks to be giving a star effect catchlight which I'm not sure if I like

I'm guessing that's coming from my cheap ebay umbrella :D

Keep going tho buddy, you are defo moving the right direction..

Will do, again thankyou (y)

Much better, but the light is too low. Try raising it a bit. :)

When it's pointed out, it's obvious :banghead: I'll make sure the umbrella is higher and angled downwards slightly next time (y)

Once again, thanks for all the advice :banana:

It is still a bit underexposed too.

Back