Lujiazui Shanghai

Number 1 is a most impressive image IMO- great perspective on life in early 21st century.

First shot is my favourite. Love the colours with the overcast background. You should be proud

Thanks
It ended up being rather bad weather the day we planned to head down, raining on and off and lots of fog/smog.
Not sure if it was just the time of year wet season and start of the heat coming but the whole 3 weeks there seemed to be a lot more smog/fog than normal.

I'd love to see the B&W one in colour. What made you process such a colourful skyline in B&W?

Great 1st shot - really like the colours. On a different subject, cannot believe they have now built a tower taller than the bottle opener! I was there in 2009 when they'd just opened the bottle opener (not sure of it's official name!) and I recall walking on the bridge at the top and that building dwarfed the Jin Mao tower, so I can only imagine what the view would be from the top of newest tower!

thanks.

we went up the pearl town on this trip and it wasn't as good compared to the bottle opener.
obviously not as tall and due to the age a bit run down.Some of the seals and bits of the glass floor looked in need to repair and the highest parts windows were terrible. I was fine with the glass floor on the bottle opener but couldn't stand on the floor in there , it truly turned my stomach. The best floor was the open deck lower down.

I look forward to going up the new building if it has a similar viewing area, though the windows tend to be dirty and give terrible reflection even with a cp filter.

check the video of those mad russian climbers on the crane, i felt queasy just watching it.

Back