Making his Dad proud

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
My eldest son, Harry, was in a gig today and it was good to see him play live, he's put a lot of practice in over the last few months and it was certainly evident when he played today. Obviously I took a few pics but these are a couple of my favourites, because of the various light sources the WB was all over the place so I've done mono conversions on most.

D3, 17-35mm f/2.8 @ 17mm, ISO 5000, 1/125th, f/2.8.

Harry-2.jpg

Harry-1.jpg

I'll bet he did Colin(y)
He certainly seems to be concentrating

nice shots.

I find the studio (disco) lighting messes up with the WB and colours greatly when I take photos of gigs etc. Your shots are crystal and at ISO 5000 ??!

the second one for me. how were the colour ones?

Thanks Oli, there was a mixture of lighting including gelled lights, coloured LED type lights, tungsten bulbs (as seen in the table lamp) and diffused daylight. :bang: :LOL:

Here are a couple of the colour shots, the first is the same shot as the first mono.

Harry-1-4.jpg

Harry-1-3.jpg

well done colin these are good .

i like the mono's myself.

but its nice to see the colour ones (y)

glad harry is getting on well:clap:

md(y)

ps finished with that disc yet:LOL: only kiddin (y)

Good Pics (I prefer the colour but does it matter) - I bet you were proud of him :)
and well done to your boy for practicing and getting up doing it (y)

Last edited:
I'm really surprised at the quality of the colour ones as well.

mono gives it a different edge to it but I think I prefer the colour ones.

Didnt realise the crispness even at iso.

Good shots

Thanks for all the feedback and comments, for me the monos edge it over the colour shots. Oli, the camera keep surprising me at high ISO!

Mono ones for me too, but that Superman logo is just begging for a bit of selective colouring :D

Lovely shots Colin.. the Mono over the colour for me too.. It adds to the feel of a gig..

Well done the lad as well!! id love to be able to play in a band!!

Hi Hacker
Nice to see a new star in the making !
Nice set... B/W for me.

3421955152_b79eaa1bf4_o.jpg

:woot: actually, you're right....... not a good idea :D

Edit: Dammit Hacker, you bet me to it :D

Back