Male Pheasant/Golden Pheasant Question

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
No
Just a Pheasant from the other day.......I think the colours are nice in the second one but shame about the bread......

Would like your thoughts on these....(y)

Thanks for looking!!

No.1
Pheasant_11.jpg

No.2
Pheasant_2.jpg

Last edited:
Love the colours of the bird - have you cropped the pics much??

Has anyone ever seen a Golden Pheasant wild in this country? I've only ever seen them in captivity in another country.

However......a colleague this morning got his camera out and asked me if I knew what bird he'd taken a picture of that was in his garden....low and behold it was a golden pheasant......is this common in some areas? Or is this rare? Has anyone else seen one in the wild?

They occur wild in only one area/estates as far as I know. Will did it out over the weekend....have it writen down. One I fancy going to see

They occur wild in only one area/estates as far as I know. Will did it out over the weekend....have it writen down. One I fancy going to see

Do you know which area of the country? if where my friend lives is in a different area then this is something to folow up.......I've seen his photos and it's definately his back garden and its definately a Golden Pheasant (y):)(y)

I've got a pic of one somewhere, it was near Brimham Rocks, near Patley Bridge, Yorkshire. Definitely in the wild.

Has anyone ever seen a Golden Pheasant wild in this country? I've only ever seen them in captivity in another country.

However......a colleague this morning got his camera out and asked me if I knew what bird he'd taken a picture of that was in his garden....low and behold it was a golden pheasant......is this common in some areas? Or is this rare? Has anyone else seen one in the wild?

Some info

Where to see them
Confined to areas on introduction in England, Scotland and Wales. Found in forestry plantations and dense woodland.

http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/name/g/goldenpheasant/index.aspx

I've got a pic of one somewhere, it was near Brimham Rocks, near Patley Bridge, Yorkshire. Definitely in the wild.

ut tuther end of the country then....this ones down in the west country just outside Brizzal(y)

Back