Critique Male Reed Bunting

Edit My Images
Yes
Critique is welcome, doesn't matter how trivial, on both photo and pp'ing (y)

I would've liked to have darkened the strip down the centre, behind the bird in the bg, but couldn't get it to look right

Thanks for looking

resized for TP.jpg

Nice image Phil, not seeing many of these yet ... reducing the highlights and white a little help with both the background strip and the light body feathers. :)

Nice image Phil, not seeing many of these yet ... reducing the highlights and white a little help with both the background strip and the light body feathers. :)

Thanks Roger, I think I just wasn't happy with the shot for some reason.

I like the pose and perch but just couldn't get it to look how I wanted............but I'm unsure what I did want tbh :confused: :D..................might have a re-work later

I've done a quick edit on this one and although not the perch I'd have liked, I think I'm a bit happier with this shot, cheers

Male Reed Bunting by Phil D, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks Roger, I think I just wasn't happy with the shot for some reason.

I like the pose and perch but just couldn't get it to look how I wanted............but I'm unsure what I did want tbh :confused: :D..................might have a re-work later

I've done a quick edit on this one and although not the perch I'd have liked, I think I'm a bit happier with this shot, cheers

Male Reed Bunting by Phil D, on Flickr
That's nice :)

Critique is welcome, doesn't matter how trivial, on both photo and pp'ing (y)

I would've liked to have darkened the strip down the centre, behind the bird in the bg, but couldn't get it to look right

Thanks for looking

View attachment 99257
A wonderful image, I quite like that light strip down the centre of the bird.

That's nice :)

Cheers Roger

A wonderful image, I quite like that light strip down the centre of the bird.

Many thanks Gary, with the bright strip being in the center, behind the bird and perch, I found it a bit distracting...............I've never seen meself as having OCD but this photography lark is making me start to wonder! :D

Back