Male Stonechat

Name
Karen
Edit My Images
No
A Male Stonechat

stonechat11x5.jpg

stunning(y)

One point I realy like is the background. Love the purple...was it sunset or sunrise?

Great capture Karen, nice bird detail and BG. Love the colours and nice and sharp.

Gordon

Lovely capture as usual Kaz. I would be interested to hear what the setup is with this shot Kaz. To get a solitary bird to pose on a perch like that is the place baited? If so what with? Is this somewhere where you know you will find this species and just hope it will land on the stump? Is it just out in the countryside or reserve? Sorry for so many questions Kaz :D

Lovely capture as usual Kaz. I would be interested to hear what the setup is with this shot Kaz. To get a solitary bird to pose on a perch like that is the place baited? If so what with? Is this somewhere where you know you will find this species and just hope it will land on the stump? Is it just out in the countryside or reserve? Sorry for so many questions Kaz :D

thanks Rich, you can t bait a stonechat well I can t anyway, My husband Paul has kindly been driving me round to a few places that I hoped I would see some stonechats, I have managed to get quite a few shots over the last two weekends so we have put the hours in to get these, it has took hours and hours of waiting when I spotted some. If you sit still they do get nosey, this one in particular was, he was on barbed wire, in a tree and all over the place and then after a long while this is where he landed and I got the shot I wanted, I also got lucky with female she is never far behind but haven t had time to process anymore yet, you will be sick of them lol. It wasn t at a reserve just out in the countryside.

Last edited:
Lovely image Kaz (y)

Rich ... Stonechats love to perch up on the tallest stem in the hedgerow, or a prominent post such as this, they will often return to a favoured perch like this.

thanks Rich, you can t bait a stonechat well I can t anyway, My husband Paul has kindly been driving me round to a few places that I hoped I would see some stonechats, I have managed to get quite a few shots over the last two weekends so we have put the hours in to get these, it has took hours and hours of waiting when I spotted some. If you sit still they do get nosey, this one in particular was, he was on barbed wire, in a tree and all over the place and then after a long while this is where he landed and I got the shot I wanted, I also got lucky with female she is never far behind but haven t had time to process anymore yet, you will be sick of them lol. It wasn t at a reserve just out in the countryside.
Thanks Kaz for getting back on that (y)
Lovely image Kaz (y)

Rich ... Stonechats love to perch up on the tallest stem in the hedgerow, or a prominent post such as this, they will often return to a favoured perch like this.

That makes a lot of sense then Martyn, I was just intrigued how people got shots like this if food was not being placed down as such. If you dont ask you will never know :LOL:

Always worth looking at your shots Karen, super detail and realy good whites with a sharp black eye. :clap:

Well done Kaz a lovely image , you are right about having to put the hours in to get shot's like this . Well done you and Paul (y)

Lovely clear and clean image...........you wouldn't upload it if it wasn't....lol

"It wasn't at a reserve just out in the countryside".....much more satisfying to nab wild ones.
Well done.
Keith

Nice shot Kaz
Stonechats don't seem to mind being right out in open view of any predator that may be around it seems.
John

Back