Mamiya RZ67 from Japan - import costs

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
No
I'm after the above camera and have seen quite a few on eBay at a good price in Japan. Does anyone have any experience getting cameras from Japan - how much import charges usually are etc.?

Thanks

I'm after the above camera and have seen quite a few on eBay at a good price in Japan. Does anyone have any experience getting cameras from Japan - how much import charges usually are etc.?

Thanks

You might want to request to have this moved to the Film and Conventional section; a number of folks in there have purchased Mamiya cameras from Japan.

I think you'd be looking at VAT at 20% on the overall total plus the Parcelforce handling fee, but I've always preferred to purchase my film equipment from within the EU to avoid any possible headaches, so I have no previous experience.

The calculator above will give a much more accurate approximation than me, but when I receive stock from outside the EU I generally estimate the fees to be around 25% of the total cost of the item/items.

I think @pjm1 imported an RZ67 from Japan within the last month or so? I think he said he paid about £100 in customs fees for it if my memory is correct. If you're going to import one from Japan from eBay, I'd definitely give him a PM first to make sure it's not from the same seller that sent him an RB instead.

I brought a couple of things from Japan,they were posted to me as gifts so I didn't pay any extras :)

Problem with gifts is thats the value they are insured for, if they break on the way you have no leg to stand on. Even if it was sent broken ;)

Thanks all! Yeah I wasn't sure which group to post in, and have some good responses here.

Some food for thought. I'll definitely only consider it if it appears to be a bargain. Otherwise I'll continue to look within the EU only.

Thanks!

Thanks! Shame it doesn't have the 110mm 2.8 I'm after but I'll keep my eye on it.

Back