weekly Manc Man 52/2012 -WEEK 15 - Departed

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
Hear goes nothing, like a lamb to the slaughter.

Week 1 : DIRECTION
Week 2 : FEAR
Week 3 : SIGH
Week 4 : SWEET
Week 5 : SECURE
Week 6 : INDUSTRY
Week 7 : ROOT
Week 8 : HANDMADE
Week 9 : MONEY
Week 10 : WIN
Week 11 : SHINY
Week 12 : MAGICAL
Week 13 : VICE
Week 14 : ENTRANCE
Week 15 :
Week 16 :
Week 17 :
Week18 :
Week 19 :
Week 20 :
Week 21 :
Week 22 :
Week 23 :
Week 24 :
Week 25 :
Week 26 :
Week 27 :
Week 28 :
Week 29 :
Week 30 :
Week 31 :
Week 32 :
Week 33 :
Week 34 :
Week 35 :
Week 36 :
Week 37 :
Week 38 :
Week 39 :
Week 40 :
Week 41 :
Week 42 :
Week 43 :
Week 44 :
Week 45 :
Week 46 :
Week 47 :
Week 48 :
Week 49 :
Week 50 :
Week 51 :
Week 52 :

Last edited:
Welcome to the madness... would that be a flock of lambs heading in one "Direction"... the slaughter house !!!

The first is a really good execution of the theme :) You may want to just close out the red dot on the lower right edge.

Also like the interpretation of the theme in the second, although the reflections are a little harsh. Both really good though :)

Ha, Ha, I see that you meant - great minds indeed.

#1, well done, have zero sense of spacial awareness when I try these (y)

#2, nice detail and motion. Just a few over exposed bits. I wonder if a bit of a crop might improve :thinking:

Good start.

Cheers.

The first is a really good execution of the theme :) You may want to just close out the red dot on the lower right edge.

Also like the interpretation of the theme in the second, although the reflections are a little harsh. Both really good though :)

Standby light on the Sky box me thinks! :LOL: ;)

Nice execution too! never thought about the plug hole one though. :clap:

# 1 for me , i like the idea of #2 maybe if there were a drop of food dye in the water to give it a little something extra.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Darren & welcome to the madhouse :wave:

Liking your drain shot (y)...had the same idea but never got round to shooting it ( & daresay it wouldn't have been as good as yours )

nice clarity , good focus , a few highlights but must have difficult to light...good start mister...kepp it up...only 51 weeks to go :clap:

Excellent start, well done. Everytime ive tried doing those light painting type things, it has never ended up looking anything like I intended :thinking:

Number 1 is simple and visually pleaseing - as others have mentioned clone out the dots and you have a winner!

Phil

love no.1 and the idea of no.2 maybe milk would work well with that sink :)

Well done Darren.

I love no 1, it shouts direction to me.

I like no 2 its a good idea, I'm just wondering if you try a bit of food colouring in the water if it would show the direction even more?

Hi Darren, a cracking start no 1 for me as well

Very nice start to you're 52 Darren, another vote for #1 here. Again I would just get rid of those extra lights in the background but apart from that top job...:)

Look forward to seeing more from you this year :)

Well here we go with week 2 – FEAR.

This is a personal fear, having worked hard all my life, last year this nearly came true. This has to be one of my biggest fears, the thought of losing our family home.

I am sure i will do some more aimed towards the theme as the week goes on.

please feel free to comment.

Darren

Last edited:
Blimey that was quick Darren.

I like how you've taken the theme and put the personal interpretation to it. Even without the explanation you can work it out. Well done.

Darren, great take on this weeks theme, the picture really tells a story of todays climate.
well done

The plug shot is great for Direction. An original take on the theme. Agree that maybe a really tight crop on the plug could be more striking but a great shot none the less :)

I am always a fan of shots like yours for Fear. Another original take on a theme and the fact that it is personal to you means more than any critique that can be offered.

Good luck with the rest of the project, I look forward to following your work.

Back