Manchester Airport 11/05/08

Name
Philip Firth
Edit My Images
Yes
Been to the airport day with the nice weather and ended up getting sunburnt :crying:

Anyway here are some of the pic's today.

US Airways
2484384490_e8f836a52d_o.jpg

Thomas Cook
2484384496_a8c2693b2a_o.jpg

Monarch
2484384500_606605568b_o.jpg

Dragonair Cargo
2484384504_93f19d59e3_o.jpg

Another Monarch
2484384510_1296599dc3_o.jpg

Skyeurope
2484384518_338745cab3_o.jpg

Monarch Taking Off
2483575853_0f35ed7996_o.jpg

Air China Taking Off
2483575857_b492232acf_o.jpg

Nice shots :) Really like the taking off shots (y) I have got to go there to pick someone up tomorrow, tempted to get a few shots while I am there. Dont really fancy paying to go into the offical viewing area again though..so might take a drive around, see what I can find ;)

Nice shots :) Really like the taking off shots (y) I have got to go there to pick someone up tomorrow, tempted to get a few shots while I am there. Dont really fancy paying to go into the offical viewing area again though..so might take a drive around, see what I can find ;)

If you drive past the viewing park towards Wilmslow you go under the 2 runway tunnels, then you come to a roundabout, take the first left. When you turn you will see a gate, turn right down a little dirt road and park there. As you turn right there is a little gate for a public path on the left. Follow the public path and you end up right next to the runway. Hope this helps.

Many thanks ;) will give it a go :) I had a quick look on some plane spotter sites after I went last time and realised there were quite a few spots close to the runway..guessing this is one of them (y) cheers

some excellent shots there!! I was hoping to get down on Wednesday for the football flights...but I have my driving test argh :(

I went a few months back and got some great shots using the advice from this site:
http://www.plane-mad.com/guides.php?guide=MAN

I posted some on here too from memory. It's one of the better airports for photography but the official airport viewing area is not upo to much. Much better to be close to the action right by the runway like these.

I went a few months back and got some great shots using the advice from this site:
http://www.plane-mad.com/guides.php?guide=MAN

I posted some on here too from memory. It's one of the better airports for photography but the official airport viewing area is not upo to much. Much better to be close to the action right by the runway like these.

Is it me or is that map wrong?

The map is wrong but if you overlay the aerial view it is spot on. I favoured spot D as it was so close to the runway it was ridiculous. Was rather muddy when I went though but easily the best pics. Spot C also marked was good. I must go back again soon. I believe the best time to go is the morning during the week as that is when you get the most interesting aircraft going out.

Back