Manchester Airport (Beginner)

Edit My Images
Yes
Second time to Manchester Airport with the new Canon.

Last one just messing with the white Balance to see what it did

Not bad slightly blurry and the wb on the last image is not quite correct. If you return the the same spot try the various wb options you will then find the perfect one!

Not bad for a beginner however most are back lit - if I remember correctly the viewing park is only really good late afternoon / evening - you'll get some lovely light then.

Have you ever visited the location on the other side? You'll have the sun behind you for most of the day.

Was on the south side near runway 2 (23L/05R) viewing park opposite me. Was early evening and Sun shining directly at me. Still having trouble with lighting. I'm either getting overexposed sky and ok exposure on the aircraft or underexposed aircraft and the sky not too bad.

South Side will only be good for morning / early afternoon - anything after that I'd be going to the viewing park.

Yeah I usually go early doors to Southside but thought I'd drop in after work.

Nice start. Hoping to get some shots at Manc myself if I get a tele over the coming weeks. Still need to learn the location of the south viewing/picture spot!

Nice start. Hoping to get some shots at Manc myself if I get a tele over the coming weeks. Still need to learn the location of the south viewing/picture spot!

Come off the M56 at Junction 56. Follow the signs for Wilmslow, go under the Runway Tunnels and immediately after the second Tunnel there is a roundabout. Take 1st exit and park up somewhere on the road. Not blocking the Metal gate. Walk up the hill with the metal gate and you'll see the crash gate. You can then walk along the length of the second runway. There is a embankment you can spot from. Just climb over the barb wire fence onto the embankment. I can take pictures if you want so you know where to go?

Come off the M56 at Junction 56. Follow the signs for Wilmslow, go under the Runway Tunnels and immediately after the second Tunnel there is a roundabout. Take 1st exit and park up somewhere on the road. Not blocking the Metal gate. Walk up the hill with the metal gate and you'll see the crash gate. You can then walk along the length of the second runway. There is a embankment you can spot from. Just climb over the barb wire fence onto the embankment. I can take pictures if you want so you know where to go?

Ah brilliant. I think I know where you mean so I should be OK. Is it typically busy for parking? I imagine it's double yellows everywhere?

Can be at the weekend with lots of dog walkers. As long as you park sensibly it's fine. I just pull my motorbike onto the pavement and a lot of cars do also. Had no problems.

Back