Manchester Airport Viewing Park 24th May

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a small selection from the Viewing Park Side at Manchester.
Mainly Rotation shots, hope you dont mind too much..

01-5.jpg

02-4.jpg

03-1.jpg

04-2.jpg

##5
05.jpg

06.jpg

cheers Neil

Nice one.. this is the place near alty then?

what lens is best... 300 prime too close or not enough or 200 best?

why are yours and phillips all of the planes going away from you... is that the standard way to do a plane pic or you couldn't get front ?

ta:)

Some nice shots there Neil. Shaper than mine. lol. What lens are you using Neil?

Last edited:
Nice one.. this is the place near alty then?

why are yours and phillips all of the planes going away from you... is that the standard way to do a plane pic or you couldn't get front ?

ta:)

You can't get any coming towards you from the viewing park. I did take a couple landing on runway 2 but they were rubbish. Saying that it depends which way there are landing.

As for the lens, 300 prime is too big, you wouldn't be able to fit them in. I only just manage to get the small ones in at 200mm on mine. :)

Last edited:
would have liked to have all the plane in the last shot!
I thought that when cropping it ;) but thought it might be too far away trying to get those long wings in..

why are yours and phillips all of the planes going away from you

I used my 100-400.. Struggled a little when they taxi past, unless its a cessna :LOL:

All these shots are take offs.. They where using 05L thus going away from the viewing area..

Below are some shots from a previous visit when taking off the other way..

IMG_4708.jpg

IMG_4737.jpg

IMG_4746.jpg

Right thanks guys didnt have a clue how close.. so 24-70 and 70-200 would suffice..

deffo like the last 3 best. thats the ones I would want to get.. ta:)

deffo like the last 3 best. thats the ones I would want to get.. ta

Me too Kipax.. When you are thinking of going, check the weather and if its an Easterly Wind dont bother., or you'll get shots like the 1st lot.
They need to be using 23R. You'll get good landing and takeoff shots plus the sun behind you (ish)..

Neil

Nice set, but I prefer the last 3 and I've not seen Great Wall Arilines at Manchester before

Pretty good for the viewing area, was led to believe it's not the best place to view and also they charge you to get in!

was led to believe it's not the best place to view and also they charge you to get in!

I like it there. Better if using runway 23R as said before.
They charge £4 for a car plus driver, then £1 for each additional person. Cheap really. Plus you can get food there and have a walk round Concorde..

I must go again. Went Wood End lane area last time which was good. I'll definately try some more though from the viewing park now i've seen these though guess time of day/week makes a difference.

I go to Manchester a lot and its better to go to the viewing park after lunch time as the sun come around behind you

Pretty good for the viewing area, was led to believe it's not the best place to view and also they charge you to get in!

It may be £4 to park, but that's a lot less than the people I saw on the other side who were all getting ticked by the police for parking in the wrong place.

Me too Kipax.. When you are thinking of going, check the weather and if its an Easterly Wind dont bother., or you'll get shots like the 1st lot.
They need to be using 23R. You'll get good landing and takeoff shots plus the sun behind you (ish)..

Neil

Was going to go today (wed) but its been bad...

might try tommorow...afternoon seems to be the best time... waiting for a new(used) lens to arrive at long last (canon 300 L f2.8) as sent today, next day delivery. if that comes late then cant go.. if early and weather half decent weather then...

Hope to see your pics tomorrow Kip.. I'm off to Tebay tomorrow for the Lowflying. That new lens of yours 300 f2.8 is ideal for the Lowflying. Something else for you to try very soon..

Neil

Its for cricket this weekend that lens.. probably around blackburn.. depends where the telegraph send me :) it was burnley last weekend... arrgh

Popped over this aft.. had a go... these with sigma 70-200 .. Any good for a first go at this?

man1.jpg

man2.jpg

man3.jpg

man4.jpg

man5.jpg

Hi Kipax, Good for a first attempt. You seem to have some sensor grot. I noticed i had some sensor grot in my camera after taking shots there. Hope you get your grot sorted.

Phil

yeagh needs a good clean... 25 quid at the local shop.. need to take both bodies in sometime soon :)

They look ok Kipax, I like to see a little background in my shots..

I have some with backgrounds just taking off.. also a few of the whole area.. people on the view thingies.. concorde ect.. gonna make a colection and uplaod later ...

I didnt know what was best..clear sky or not ..

Back