ManfrotoTripod Repairs

Name
mick
Edit My Images
No
Anyone know of a reputable business that undertakes tripod repairs> I have a manfrotto carbon fibre tripod and one of the holdong clamps have stopped locking one of the leg extensions so lookin to get it repaired as they are now over 300.00 to buy new.
thanks

Mick, have you contacted Manfrotto? They may look favourably at the problem & sort it for nowt. ;)

Anyone know of a reputable business that undertakes tripod repairs> I have a manfrotto carbon fibre tripod and one of the holdong clamps have stopped locking one of the leg extensions so lookin to get it repaired as they are now over 300.00 to buy new.
thanks

Unless something is actually broken, it maybe just needs a good clean. The joints collect muck and sea water is especially bad for tripods.

Order spares if you need them. If you're not that keen on pulling it apart, ask a mate. They're mechanically very simple and just posting a tripod there and back is expensive.

The leg clamps can usually be removed by loosening just one allen headed nut. Take it apart, clean it and put it back. Simple job that even the most mechanically incompetent should be able to manage. There's not a lot to go wrong in there.

mechanically incompetent yes thats me... ok thank you for your suggestions ill take a closer look at the problem and look at purchasing a replacement part

With the clamp loose try turning the nut at the other end maybe a quarter of a turn clockwise to tighten it.

Hopefully you'll feel an increase in the tension as you close the clamp and it grips - if not try another quarter turn. It's better to adjust in small increments as you're less likely to damage anything.

I've had to do this with several of mine over the years, things stretch and wear a bit with use - good luck!

cheers, cw

Last edited:
Back