Manfrotto 190B WORLD CUP 2006

Edit My Images
No
I have found an outlet selling these for £79, The claim it is based on the 190 pro. Does anyone know if the 190B hasthe same spec as 190pro ??

No, the Pro spec has a centre column that can be set to horizontal due to a different casting at the top of the legs while the B spec simply means that the tripod's painted black. Just to confuse things a little further, there's a 190 Pro B as well - you guessed it, it has the horizontalisable column and is painted black! The more modern version is the X series and with that one, the column can be horizontalised without the fiddliness of the older Pro. If you can post a picture of the World Cup edition tripod (or a link to the advert), I could almost certainly tell you which model it's based on.

Looking at the picture on that E-bay link, it looks very much like a 190 Pro B but I can't be 100% certain. FWIW, I paid £80 for my (non special edition) 190 Pro B a few years ago and thought it was a bargain then. From what I've seen of the X Pro, while it's easier to convert from vertical column to horizontal, it also seems a little less sturdy than the older Pro version.

Thanks for replying, i have emailed the seller for clarification. I have read that latest pro model are not as sturdy as older models including 55s.

I had my eye on one of those as well, so I would be interested to know what you find out.

It appears to include a strap that the 190xprob doesn't.

The italian logo can always be removed and replaced with 3 lions ;)

I will let you know, i am hopeing for a reply tomorrow, the other link is for
190xpro which is a simular price, although i like the blue leg.
I had my eye on one of those as well, so I would be interested to know what you find out.

I have an older pro B version, its a top bit of kit, sturdy and not too heavy (although with a username of sapper weight shouldnt be an issue!)

mine was over a ton 4 years ago

Yes used to lifting decking and bridgeing panels, it easier now as all RE FLD SQNs are now armoured farmers!
I have an older pro B version, its a top bit of kit, sturdy and not too heavy (although with a username of sapper weight shouldnt be an issue!)

mine was over a ton 4 years ago

Please see below from seller.

Hi, yes the centre column can be removed and fitted horizontally.
Best .

Please see below from seller.

Hi, yes the centre column can be removed and fitted horizontally.
Best .

Does this mean that it is based on the older version where you have to remove the centre column and not just swing it around? Did you ask if the strap is included?

Thanks

Sorry i did'nt as i had already emailed before your original post.

No worries, I can always ask.

Are you getting one then?

Toying between this one and Redsnapper, i suspect it will come down to a toss of a coin.

Back