Manfrotto 322RC2 Heavy Duty Grip Ball Head

Name
Kev
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking for a decent head to mount on my Benbo 1 as the Benbo supplied offering is a pain having to screw it into the body/grip evey time !

I fancy a pistol grip style 322rc2 but am unsure if it will support the weight of the D7000 body/grip/105 macro setup, It says heavy duty so wondered if anyone is using this one and thoughts of the combo weight and it's ability not to wander under the weight.

Mine works well with a D700 and the 105mm VR Nikkor. TBH though, the 410 Junior geared head is as quick to set up accurately as the ball head (but more expensive).

I use a Manfrotto 324RC2 most often with Canon 70D / 7D2 body and 100mm F/2.8L IS Macro lens but also the Canon 300mm F/4L IS lens, all on a lightweight Manfrotto carbon tripod and it's all fine.

You can easily alter the tension of the 324RC2 (and heavier 322RC2) with a scroll wheel under the grip and so compensate for the weight handling.

Great info RR 322 should be way capable so i'm gonna go with that one :)

....I am confident you'll like this 'ballhead grip' system - It gives you fast flexibility using just one hand. The key to it is, as I said, adjusting the action resistances.

The 322RC2 is much heavier than my 324RC2 and Manfrotto state it will stand up to professional use.

Back