Manfrotto Befree MKBFRA4-BH .... Are they as good as the reviews?

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning all, I sold my lightweight tripod the other month thinking I wouldn't need it but booked another holiday to Egypt and kind of thinking I'm going to need a lightweight tripod. My thoughts were go all out on the Befree due to the fact that they are small and light and if I need to switch between the Befree and my 190XPROB then the mounts are the same.

I just wonder if anyone who's bought the Befree thinks there actually worth it now I've noticed WEX have them for £119 and the cheapest I've saw on eBay is just less than £100 so for the difference I may as well buy new.

Just looking for real opinions

Thanks

There's a review of five lightweight tripods, including the BeFree, on DPReview. It didn't fare that well compared with the others, mainly due to the design of the leg angle locks and ringing. I've filled the lowest leg sections and centre column of mine with expanding foam which I hope will reduce the ringing but it's always hard to prove a negative.... I haven't used it yet but expect to give it a good try-out on a photographic course in a couple of weeks time.

Back