Maplin Portable Soft Lighting Studio £12.99

Edit My Images
Yes
Don't know if this is a good price or not saw it whilst checking out the maplin sale and thought I'd point it out.

Hi Gemok ... these were highlighted in another thread a couple of weeks ago I think !

I have one - it really is a well made and flexible piece of kit for relatively small subjects and little dosh - recommended !

I think this was discussed on here not so long ago?
Looks a decent price, I think they were 19.99 when it was last mentioned.

Has anyone got one? Useful? Any problems?

oh and they had a bigger non protable one for £15 ish I seem to remember

It's a really useful bit of kit. Basically, you just position a couple of lamps one on either side and those translucent panels give nice diffused lighting to whatever's inside.
38260i0.jpg

Ideal for selling stuff on eBay, you get far more professional looking shots.

Can be used with window light and/or artificial lighting. Comes flat with velcrow on side/top panels to hold them securely, and with a choice of two colours (grey & blue) of attached mini-infinity backgrounds !

CT's picture from the Maplin site does not show it set up correctly ... it is an enclosed three, tranlsucent white panel/sided affair and the backgrounds then are fixed to the top of the back part and form the back and bottom for effect ! that is not to say it cannot be used as shown ... it is a very flexible piece of kit !

Excellent value for money ... imo !

Might have to order one of them for myself. Sell quite a bit on ebay so would be handy.

Might be of interest to me to, thanks for the heads up;)

I've got one but never use it, nothing wrong with it, just one of those impulse buys :embarasse

Hmmmm, where's the classifieds ;)

Depends on the size of your family, I guess;)

I bought one from this very forum just a week or so ago, and think its brilliant. :woot:

I even went to Ikea for some top of the range lights (£2.99) and have shot loads of pics already using the setup.

Not used it for a pea in a pod though like Venomator - but who knows what next week will bring :smilenod:

Allan

Back