Adrian
Edit My Images
Yes
Few from the Rossendale valley today:

1097853984_vxNvw-L.jpg

1097853873_KZUr7-L.jpg

1097853905_JEP6E-L.jpg

1097854178_Es4gj-L.jpg

A nice set Ady, looks like it was an interesting course, bet he was not a happy chap in #2

I wondered why I couldn't get down Newchurch Road for badly parked cars, what was the event?

Number 2 is a great shot I'm glad I don't have to do his washing LOL...

Very good course, got a few low angle mud splash shots as in #4.
Cocked up with the U11 races - I binned the boys as my choice of spot turned out to be rubbish and I 'forgot' about the U11 girls!
500 or so should be online this evening.

I wondered why I couldn't get down Newchurch Road for badly parked cars, what was the event?

Number 2 is a great shot I'm glad I don't have to do his washing LOL...

2nd cross country race in the Red Rose League. Probably around 600 runners in all + there was a footy match on so a bit choc a bloc on the main road.

2nd cross country race in the Red Rose League. Probably around 600 runners in all + there was a footy match on so a bit choc a bloc on the main road.

Yes the road was gridlocked right up to Newchurch for a time, I would hate to be any nearer to the venue with people blocking drives and abandoning vehicles on tight bends it was horrendous.

We were wondering what was on so thanks for posting;)

Very good course, got a few low angle mud splash shots as in #4.
Cocked up with the U11 races - I binned the boys as my choice of spot turned out to be rubbish and I 'forgot' about the U11 girls!
500 or so should be online this evening.

I really like the lower angle shots like #4, keep meaning to take a fold-up stool with me for this., I'll check the online stuff later.

And you cocked up one the big seller age groups then :bang:

A little miffed I missed the young 'uns!! As a parent it's great to see your little one in action and today I recorded none of it for the U11's.........Doooooh.

Overall though I had to bin 12 from around 500 so somthing happened right. Pretty happy with the full set now uploaded.

As for a low angle there's nowt like lying down in it - never mind a low stool!

Can we see a large versions of Marl_P-XC_3882 and a large top half crop of Marl_P-XC_3790

They look interesting especially the girl laughing in the mud.

Can we see a large versions of Marl_P-XC_3882 and a large top half crop of Marl_P-XC_3790

They look interesting especially the girl laughing in the mud.

Will have a look tommoz and post - PC put to sleep and images not on the netbook.

And another low angle shot (laid down - no stool!)

1098915367_KoxEU-XL.jpg

She does look to be having fun :LOL:, and that's a steep muddy hill.

The young lad is super sharp (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers, may see you at the Bolton event.

Must make a note to remember ALL the age cat races :thinking:

Cheers, may see you at the Bolton event.

Must make a note to remember ALL the age cat races :thinking:

I'll not be at Bolton, as it's the same day as the English Schools XC Cup final.

I was there shooting the Rugby that was also on yesterday afternoon. It was chaos when I got there about 1:00.

Talking to the groundsman this morning, the police had to lift a car to allow the buses to get through. That will have cost someone a tidy few quid.

Some really good shots in your set - especially #2.

Really like this 2nd. set Ady. I love the 2nd picture of the older chap sliding down on his backside. Did he slip over or was that his technique for getting down safely? :LOL:

Stew.

Really like this 2nd. set Ady. I love the 2nd picture of the older chap sliding down on his backside. Did he slip over or was that his technique for getting down safely? :LOL:

Stew.

He bottled it and went down on his arse unlike the young Rossy runner who was flying and then lost it! Bolton will be a different story this weekend me thinks.

Ady, Bolton could be rather cold at weekend, and I maybe there as the event I was due to cover at Alnwick was cancelled on Tuesday.

I doubt the Bolton event will be cancelled after Witton last year (or was it this??). I don't mind the cold - went running on the tops this aft in mi shorts!

Nice shots! Very sharp and good on your got getting low. I like to get dirty too ;)

I'll have to look out for these events when I get some decent kit.

My gran lives on Newchurch Rd in Bacup, same place?

Last edited:
Nice shots! Very sharp and good on your got getting low. I like to get dirty too ;)

I'll have to look out for these events when I get some decent kit.

My gran lives on Newchurch Rd in Bacup, same place?

Newchurch Road in Rawtenstall, from Marl Pits Sports Centre.

Watch out for the Whinberry Naze fell race on Boxing day from same location, actually starts a bit further down the road.

Back