"Marmite" roses

Name
Karin
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a play in Lightroom with this shot.At first I was really pleased with it,now I'm not so sure...:thinking:

If you like it could you tell me why,and if you don't,what could I do to improve it?

IMG_7394.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Karin

I think I get the title (I do love Marmite) but the composistion isn't working for me here, maybe if you could go lower and focus on just one rose? Otherwise I think the processing works, sort of.... :thinking:

:popcorn:

I think I get the title (I do love Marmite) but the composistion isn't working for me here, maybe if you could go lower and focus on just one rose? Otherwise I think the processing works, sort of.... :thinking:

:popcorn:

Thanks Tim for your comment. I have hundreds of close ups from all sorts of angles so it is unusual for me to show a group-perhaps that's why I'm not sure about it.I'm happier with the processing than the comp.

I think the overhead shooting angle makes the shot look a bit flat. A lower angle with more DOF would help a lot imo :)

I think the overhead shooting angle makes the shot look a bit flat. A lower angle with more DOF would help a lot imo :)

Thanks Grendel,I probably have one of those somewhere as I seemed to take rather a lot...:LOL:

I don't like Marmite and I think I would prefer the full colour version. Roses come in so many lovely colours that I feel it's a shame not to see that colour. Some one has to dislike Marmite and it's me - sorry about that.

I don't like Marmite and I think I would prefer the full colour version. Roses come in so many lovely colours that I feel it's a shame not to see that colour. Some one has to dislike Marmite and it's me - sorry about that.

No don't apologise Russell,I can't stand the stuff either :puke:. This got converted by accident and at the time I liked what I did... I have some colour shots that I'm saving for another day.

Back