Marsh Harrier

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Snapped on 19th October at Westhay Moor NNR

DSC_8601_zpsd4cb2c63.jpg

What a great shot, I would agree with Russ, just needs a tadd lightening up.Nice one.

Thanks guys. Yes it's quite a large crop. I guess you're right about it being a bit dark. I wonder why I didn't notice it when I posted it. :thinking:

Great to capture it, I was watching one at Slimbridge this week but sadly it never came close enough for a capture :(

I'd use the shadows slider rather the an exposure adjustment

an attractive bird …….. but I'm moving towards not over filling the frame with the subject and leaving a bird more space around it if it is not just a "record shot"

I wonder who suggested that?

cracker

Thanks again guys. @Bill, not sure about filling the frame with this one. I know what you mean but when the bird is against a plain blue sky I feel there's little interest in adding a lot of background so I might as well go for the impact of the subject itself. Maybe I could have pulled back a bit more though.

A good shot Mike,exposure is bang on.

Thanks Rich. On the close cropping thing, to illustrate my point, I suggest that the shot below benefits more from pulling back to get the surroundings in because there ARE surroundings. Shame the shot isn't technically as good but hey ho....
DSC_8171_zps82185a61.jpg

Back