Critique Masai Mara 2013

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Can't believe it's almost been 12 months since I was last in the Mara, guess it will be another 12 months before I return.

1. This is White Ear, I first saw him 12 months earlier when he was a tiny cub. He has developed into a strapping young lad.

White Ear
by wildlifestills, on Flickr

2. Two waterbucks at sunrise

Water Bucks

3. Serval Leaping onto a mouse

Leaping Serval

4. Flying Serval

Flying Serval

Duo

Cheetah

Cheetah Smile

Cheetah

I'll post a few more photos over the next week. If anyone is interested I am planning another trip in April 2015 so stay tuned.

Chris

Oh how I'd love to go there some day :) I really like the Lion in the rain - quite different - I wonder how it would work with a few changes to curves to give a bit more contrast?

Love the Cheetah duo - that sky is an awesome backdrop for the shot. Look slike something out of BBC's Africa series.

John

Thanks Guys for your feedback and comments.

Oh how I'd love to go there some day :) I really like the Lion in the rain - quite different - I wonder how it would work with a few changes to curves to give a bit more contrast?

Love the Cheetah duo - that sky is an awesome backdrop for the shot. Look slike something out of BBC's Africa series.

John

I really should spend sometime learning how to get the most out of PS. If you remember back to Big Cat Diary, Kiki the Cheetah made a habit out of jumping onto 4x4's, well, this cheetah is the daughter of Kiki and that's where she learnt it from and just now taught it to her son.

If your interested in visiting the Masai Mara, I'm putting together a trip next Easter. I'm just waiting for flight prices (Available from May), the accommodation will be in one of two places but I'm leaning towards my usual place as it isn't as restrictive (Due to the wet season) as the second and its vehicles are the most photographer friendly due to the open sides. A rough estimate at the moment is just under 2k which includes flights, accommodation and transfers, I'm also looking to add 3 days at Lentorre Lodge which is run by TP member "AudimadGeoff".

Keep an eye out over the next week in the Community > Meeting Place forum as I hope to provide more details then.

Duo. Is fantastic

Cheers, not a bad shot at 17mm.

Cracking set mate! Clouds looks brilliant on no. 5

Its a shot that could fill a wall. The clouds look 3D and the cats...Perfect

Back