B&W Massive teeth

What the hell are they from???? They look like a claw!! :)

Rodent of some sort? or old rabbit?

.....scary anyway!

Very striking image.

?is it actually a mouse - the shallow depth of field maybe means you had to get in very close to take the image

Compositionally ....

- I think it would be better with a squarish crop as the stuff at the sides doesn't add much, and probably distracts.

- Also (and may just be my laptop monitor) the very front of the teeth don't seem to be fully in focus

- I probably wouldn't have thought of this at the time but cleaning it up a bit might help also eg removing the bit of dirt between the teeth

I'm still very much getting to grips with B&W conversions so I can't articulate in technical terms what I want to say and hesitate to comment on someone else's but :.

- It looks a bit 'bright' to me (?do I mean 'Is it over-sharpened?')

- Some of the black areas look too black (don't know the technical term for the opposite of 'blown highlights')

Despite the apparent length of my comments I do like the image:) (Honest Guv:))

Last edited:
Very striking image.

?is it actually a mouse - the shallow depth of field maybe means you had to get in very close to take the image

Compositionally ....

- I think it would be better with a squarish crop as the stuff at the sides doesn't add much, and probably distracts.

- Also (and may just be my laptop monitor) the very front of the teeth don't seem to be fully in focus

- I probably wouldn't have thought of this at the time but cleaning it up a bit might help also eg removing the bit of dirt between the teeth

I'm still very much getting to grips with B&W conversions so I can't articulate in technical terms what I want to say and hesitate to comment on someone else's but :.

- It looks a bit 'bright' to me (?do I mean 'Is it over-sharpened?')

- Some of the black areas look too black (don't know the technical term for the opposite of 'blown highlights')

Despite the apparent length of my comments I do like the image:) (Honest Guv:))

Thanks for the comment.

The teeth probably are not in focus all along them.
I was happy to leave the things as found I was unsure which I was going at that point though I admit. I think its a piece of vole skull (happy to be corrected). The highlights in the bokeh are caused by snail trails. The image has a full range of tones from black to white and I liked the darkness in this image coupled with the highlights.

There are some speckles of pure white which I am happy with as I am with the overall contrast.

Back