Mating Common Blue Butterflies

Just Dave

In Memoriam
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Hi Dave, it's a nice image. Maybe a slightly lower angle and backing the flash off a tad would have improved it. The white wing edges look a little burnt out on my laptop.
HTH;)

Good shot Dave Was the flash abit bright?( Maybe you should have closed the curtain LOL)

It's a very nice image Dave, great detail and colour.

Hiya Dave,

How come you always find the shots? I'm never this lucky .... maybe I should crawl around the undergrowth as I'm sure that is what you do to find these studies.

I think this is a fantastic shot, despite the white of the wing on the right looking a bit blown.

However, the colours and detail you have captured are amazing.

Well done you :clap:

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hi Dave, it's a nice image. Maybe a slightly lower angle and backing the flash off a tad would have improved it. The white wing edges look a little burnt out on my laptop.
HTH;)

Thanks for your comments Rhod, I thin k a lower angle may of lost the butterflies bits so to speak, if you see what I mean it would have blended with the grass stalk, also the grass stalk was swaying all over the place :D about the blown whites see below, is it any better? :)

Good shot Dave Was the flash abit bright?( Maybe you should have closed the curtain LOL)

Thanks Gary LOL to the 2nd curtain, think the whites are blown through my PPing last night see below, is it any better? :)

It's a very nice image Dave, great detail and colour.

Cheers Adam (y)

A very well taken image,nice work.

Ta very much Geoff (y)

Really nice shot that, a two for one special (y)

LOL thanks Neil :)

Hiya Dave,

How come you always find the shots? I'm never this lucky .... maybe I should crawl around the undergrowth as I'm sure that is what you do to find these studies.

I think this is a fantastic shot, despite the white of the wing on the right looking a bit blown.

However, the colours and detail you have captured are amazing.

Well done you :clap:

Cheers

Thanks Dawn :LOL: yes all three of us were crawling around in the grasses and undergrowth, bet Gary thinks were mad its only the 2nd time hes been out with us :LOL: as I said above may be my over zealous PPing last night, I just did another edit below, without the blown wings. is it any better?

Mating Common Blue Butterflies Hic Bibi Yarrow Valley Coppull Nr Chorley Lancashire by Just Daves Photos, on Flickr

Thanks Dawn :LOL: yes all three of us were crawling around in the grasses and undergrowth, bet Gary thinks were mad its only the 2nd time hes been out with us :LOL: as I said above may be my over zealous PPing last night, I just did another edit below, without the blown wings. is it any better?

Hiya Dave,

I wish I could have been there to get a photo of all three of you crawling around in the bushes :LOL: Poor Gary .... what he let himself in for? :p

Your edit looks much better :clap:

Cheers

That second edit is alot better Dave

10/10 as usual Dave love the composition too :clap:

Les :D

Back