Maunsell forts at Red Sands

I thought I saw something aboyt these being restored? I'd love a place like that personally. 2 and 5 are my favorites.
Yeah, I've always thought how cool it would be to live in something like that!

I haven't heard anything about restoration, but one of the guys on the trip was telling me that there are plans for trips to Knock John, which is one of the naval forts a bit further up the coast, and to actually take people onboard. The way he was telling it though, it was more like "see it before it collapses".

Yeah, I've always thought how cool it would be to live in something like that!

I haven't heard anything about restoration, but one of the guys on the trip was telling me that there are plans for trips to Knock John, which is one of the naval forts a bit further up the coast, and to actually take people onboard. The way he was telling it though, it was more like "see it before it collapses".
Not heard of that one, just looked it up. There was a guy on one of these old forts started a micro nation years back (looed a bit like the Knock John one) doubt he's still going now though.
Just found this havent got time to go through it.
link

Not heard of that one, just looked it up. There was a guy on one of these old forts started a micro nation years back (looed a bit like the Knock John one) doubt he's still going now though.
Just found this havent got time to go through it.
link

That's Sealand, and yes it's still going. There is a pair of caretakers now, who live there for a fortnight at a time. From the last article I read it sounds like the maintenance is pretty much a perpetual job. You can still buy stamps, titles etc on the Sealand website :)

Interesting, love number six. ;)

Back