Critique Me

Other than chopping the top of your head off I think that looks pretty good , I like the fade to black

Congrats on the Explore!

It all depends on the mood you're after. I quite like it too. If you feel like chopping the head, sometimes balancing it with a chopped neck/chin can work. Some people like to see separation from the background, but I quite like the murky moody blend into it. I like the way the light has caught your rims on the darkside of the face. Maybe a slighyl lifted head position to get those rims off the top of your eye, but very very difficult to do that with a selfie.

Strong dramatic portrait. (y)

Thanks for taking the time, guys. I appreciate it (y)

Other than chopping the top of your head off I think that looks pretty good , I like the fade to black

Thanks, Darren
I do tend to scalp portraits. Maybe it`s a phase I`m going through ;)

Congrats on the Explore!

It all depends on the mood you're after. I quite like it too. If you feel like chopping the head, sometimes balancing it with a chopped neck/chin can work. Some people like to see separation from the background, but I quite like the murky moody blend into it. I like the way the light has caught your rims on the darkside of the face. Maybe a slighyl lifted head position to get those rims off the top of your eye, but very very difficult to do that with a selfie.

Strong dramatic portrait. (y)

Thank you, Ian
I did think of a cinematic crop, but a beard kinda through me off a bit. Probably easier without ;) I must admit, I got lucky with the rim of my glasses haha
I`ll have a try at lifting my head a tad, next time I attempt one.

Back