Media City - Manchester

The first image looks much better in the second image (if that makes sense) the railings add nothing to the picture IMO, and losing them takes a distraction away, sort of less is more?
The second image draws you into it, giving depth and involving you. Maybe a tad over-exposed? Exposure is better in the first. Still like it though!
Third one has too many distractions for me, the blown 'ITV' signs? being the worse of them. That bridge is very photogenic though!
All in my personal opinion of course.

Stunning, would love to visit that area, this is how I remember it

Me too, use to spend hours sat in my truck waiting for the dockers (or crane drivers/stevedores/checkers) to come of strike!
There was a good canteen though!

The first image and second image are both fantastic, I've been looking a lot at these night scene's and the crispness is amazing. Can I ask how do you take images like this? I know its the Shutter thats open for a longer time? What settings etc were used.
Thanks

Thanks for all the comment people, As for the change in the area its massive! very modern and the lighting colours are epic!

Liam, the first shot was taken with a Nikon D800 with Nikon 14-28 F2.8 from memory it was a 30 sec shutter at F2.8 ISO50, i always under expose slightly and tweek in post.

Thanks again

Alex

Back