Media City

i havent seen all the shots of this but i would think yours is a fresh approach
using the sky blur

cheers
geof

Cheers Steve, much appreciated. I don't know what it is about them but I just love those 3 curved buildings. Kind of remind me of a ships sails

Thanks Joe. Hopefully I'll manage to get there one night when there's a bit more movement in the sky as well. Either that or I've just found myself an excuse to by myself a 10 stopper :LOL:

Well, the place may have been done to death, but this is the first (and only) time I can recall seeing it.

This type of night photography always appeals to me, probably because the bright and colourful lights are always standing out against what would obviously be an otherwise dark and dull scene without them.

The first thing that caught my eye (and this obviously implies that I start looking at the left hand side, so I'm reading the image as I would text) is that the tower block appears to be leaning into the frame, in marked contrast to the building a little to the right which are built to have a backwards slope. I find that tower block extremely disturbing, and feel that the image is weaker because of it. The lights should perhaps serve to join the scene together, but this one element is disjointed. My best guess is that the effect is caused by barrel disortion (the block on the other side of the frame exhibits the same effect) and the off axis geometrical distortion that is common to all lenses (not just wide angles) when an object is located well off the optical axis.

If the building were cropped out, the bridge would then occupy the central position and the image would have a greater symmetry. That said, I would prefer the image with that building included, but not in this distorted fashion.

Well, the place may have been done to death, but this is the first (and only) time I can recall seeing it.

This type of night photography always appeals to me, probably because the bright and colourful lights are always standing out against what would obviously be an otherwise dark and dull scene without them.

The first thing that caught my eye (and this obviously implies that I start looking at the left hand side, so I'm reading the image as I would text) is that the tower block appears to be leaning into the frame, in marked contrast to the building a little to the right which are built to have a backwards slope. I find that tower block extremely disturbing, and feel that the image is weaker because of it. The lights should perhaps serve to join the scene together, but this one element is disjointed. My best guess is that the effect is caused by barrel disortion (the block on the other side of the frame exhibits the same effect) and the off axis geometrical distortion that is common to all lenses (not just wide angles) when an object is located well off the optical axis.

If the building were cropped out, the bridge would then occupy the central position and the image would have a greater symmetry. That said, I would prefer the image with that building included, but not in this distorted fashion.

Thanks Stephen. Appreciate you taking the time to comment

Back