Memory Cards plus 5D mk2

Name
Ric
Edit My Images
Yes
hi guys and gals, quick question.

tomorrow or wednesday i shall receiving a 5d mark2 as a loan camera from canon but as my boss doesn't like me unboxing all the 5d's in the shop (with me that means play with them so much they could almost be second hand) i don't know what size memory cards i will need,
i've lost quite a few compact flash cards over the last week i shall need some (thank goodness the 1d's have sd card slots).

i was thinking of just getting a couple of extreme 3 4gb cards but would i need to use UDMA cards for the video mode, how many photos should i get in RAW on a 4gb? and how much video.

they're also loaning me a 300mm f2.8 i think! swish,... well one of the big boys anyway.

i can tell i'm going to get robbed tomorrow

You can read the Canon 5D Mk II manual online here. I'd be surprised if the answers aren't in it.

Where do you work so I know to avoid all these 2nd hand 5d cameras?

Think the bigger the better with the file size the camera produce in raw. and plenty of them.

in my shop on saturday we had 4 5d mk2 body only's and a lens kit but the boss prefers them to be left sealed up so that if someone wants to buy one they are the first one to handle them...

cheers for the manual, shall have a flick through when its finished downloading.

its a shame that i think i'm allowed it for two weeks, which is a bit unfair.

Back