Mens Health Model Shots

Edit My Images
Yes
A few shots i took for a friend to update his portfolio. 3 hours after taking these and sending them to agencies he got a job modelling auzziebum(?) underwear.

Id like some feedback on the technical aspects of these images, i think you'd be surprised with the set up for the shoot. These was none, oh apart from moving the sofa from under the lights.

RossLookAtLightscreen.jpg

Ross02.jpg

Ross03.jpg

RossLookDownscreen.jpg

This is a more abstract piece i threw together. Its a fun image, but not ideal for modelling purposes.
Wings.jpg

Crits and comments welcome.

Hmmm :D

Excellent shots!!

1 and 3 you have clipped the hands.. which is a shame! sometimes its the hands that can show strength in someone,

2 and 4 are just a smidgen on the dark side.. im not talking a lot.. just a tad..

On the whole very good.. what was the lighting set up?

Haha, fair play Kerioak. Believe me you, when he gets drunk im sorry to say its very rare that you DONT see the contents. But like working in a sewage plant, you get used to the offensive elements.

Right, Lighting Set Up:

Above the model and the key light if you will is 2 x 11w energy saving bulbs, shaded with fetching 80's glass, flower effect lamp shades. Not as warm in terms of tone as standard light bulbs, but certainly not white light either.

To the right of the model, small window above the door letting in light at 3:00pm and oddly very blue for the height of the sun (it was quite low)

So with the warm yellow energy bulbs and cold blue daylight you get a good contrast in colour and a good sense of space. Entirely accidental but a good effect none the less.

Was it a fixed light or on a stand? its a very effective setup! did you make any adjustments in PP?

Fixed light Fraggle101, and yeah photoshop was used. Levels, curves and colour temp adjustments.

You have done a very good job... (y)

OMG - that made me do a double-take

Thought it was me for a sec - then realised I don't wear undies like that

:LOL:

Well done :clap: - just shows that often simple is best - or at least that complex isn't necessarily necessary

And just in case Dellipher reads this thread again - :razz::razz::razz: in advance of what she's gonna say to my opening comment

:D

DD

Funny tha.. i thought it was you too!!:LOL:

But then i remembered you were called DIDDY Dave for a reason.. :LOL:

Thank you all for your kind remarks. Diddy Dave, i couldn't agree more on the simplification aspects. What sort of jobs would you guys think suit the skills i display? IE where should i apply?

A real shame about the hands in the third one, that would have been a stunner (as it is it's still very good!)

Cracking set and the PP is great too.

Great set, #1 is my favourite by far. #2 is just a little too dark.

(y)

Last edited:
Back