Mexico Duty Free Prices ???

Name
Stevie
Edit My Images
No
Going to Mexico in a few weeks...wonder if anyone knows if the Mexico duty free prices or glasgow airport duty free prices are chewap for Canon gear...?

Just in case someone knows...

THANKS

I don't know this for sure but I would hazard a guess that you may get US prices in Mexico :thinking:
I would imagine Kerso is cheaper than Glasgow Airport though ;)

It dont beat Kerso...

Dont think Mexico would either...but...dont know for sure...yet

Hi. Went to Mexico 18months ago now and tried to buy some camera gear at one of the camera shops down 5th ave in Playa del Carmen but the prices were nearly double to back here. The reason they gave me was that electronic goods have not made a very big impact down there. Hope you have great time. Dave :nikon:

I've been to the same 5th Ave as previous poster and thought exactly the same, bit cheaper elsewhere in Mexico but generally in the country itself camera equipment like DSLR's and Lens are not that cheap. Also, don't think I would trust the traders of Mexico tourist areas with a large purchase if you know what I mean.

If your flying to mexico city there aren't really any places to pick up camera gear, although it was May 2008 that i was last there so it may have changed since then.

Andy

THANKS for the info...

Thats a NADA to the camera shopping in Porta de Carmen...anything specifically good to photograph there...? We are A/I at our resort Gran Bahia Principe...defo be going the few times to Porta and Cozumel...but any specific photos that are a...DO NOT MISS...???

Also taking a wee waterproof bag...so expect some BAD undertwater photos...its the taking part and trying that counts...

Same hotel...?

If so it looks cool...AI and 22 bars...just as well I only drink to be sociable in the afternoon...still should make for some interesting photos...!!!

Back