Mia

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
No
Some shots from a shoot today :) I think I'm improving, but didn't really come out as a fashion shoot... I'll be doing a shoot tomorrow which will be a bit more exciting :D But for now, enjoy!

Click for bigger, more on Flickr & comments appreciated!

1,2 and 3 are my fav's not keen on the last two, You are right in that they don't come across as being fashion shots more like a normal portrait shoot. I think the wardrobe could of been a little more adventurous maybe then they would of had a little more impact.... Other than that they are really good.

You say you are getting better at it, how long have you been trying these types of shot's as I too am interested in perfecting this type of photography..?

I didn't have any choice over the wardrobe, we confirmed at about midnight last night and I just told her to bring whatever she liked.

I've only been doing proper portrait shoots since the start of the year. I really want to get into fashion, but I'm working my way up slowly. I've got loads of fashion/ glamour shoots booked over the next few weeks though so I'll find out if I've got what it takes :)

ISO 200, f/2.8 at 70mm, 1/80 exposure :)

As for lighting, I think it was just two softboxes, one either side. I'm not too good with my lighting at the moment! But my guesswork seems to be working pretty well :D

I like them but what really would have made all the difference is if she had dressed in something more moddelly (did I just make up a word)? Just something that spoke "fashion". What shes wearing is cool but not really for photos IMO.

I party agree with you here Luke, but a good model can model anything.

I think a good set of pictures, which would certainly help her portfolio develop. I'm not so sure about 4, she looks like she is just about to laugh and trying to restrain it.

I like them all

Thanks for all the comments!

I agree with Luke, something a bit more exciting would've worked better. But saying that, I do like the orange/ red top on #2.

These are nicely shot.. But I agree, these look more like portraits than fashion.. But your work is lovely...

More exciting clothing always helps make it look more 'fashion'.. The same with the makeup.. Even if you wanted to go for a neutral look.. A more extreme 'neutral' would have made it stand out more..

But like I say.. I love your work.. And have added you on flickr :)

Back