Michael

Name
Dean
Edit My Images
No
I frequent a lovely little Italian coffee shop in Northampton with friends. It's a lovely way to spend a couple of hours because the clientèle are all very friendly - like a big family. One of the old boys, Michael, has such a lovely open and expressive face that I had to photograph him so I took my camera and a 50mm prime with me yesterday.

14696613122_8f29575718_h.jpg

That's a lovely clean and well light photograph. I like the slight tilt of his head as well as the contented smile.

Cheers.
Thanks Andy. He really was just a complete natural. Never flinched at all when I pulled the camera out.

Hi Dean, That's a lovely candid type portrait shot, with excellent use of aperture and focus point (the eyes are nice and sharp). The angle of the guys head is very pleasing with just a hint of a smile. It's almost as if he's well used to posing for the camera. "Great stuff". (y)

George.

This is a cracking portrait IMO. Right up my street. Really seems to convey his personality.

Thanks guys. I'm very pleased with it too.

I'll add that the light was perfect. The veranda over the seating area and the hazy sun couldn't have been better.

I would be tempted to try a B&W conversion, the greenery in the background does catch my eye a little but great candid all the same.

I hadn't spotted the green part myself until it was pointed out. To be honest, the most I'd do is a selective slight desaturation of that section just to stop it grabbing attention, but just a little so that it's a slightly duller green.

Although, not sure if it's worth it, because the shot works really well anyway as it is, and I really like it. A very natural well let portrait.

Last edited:
I hadn't spotted the green part myself until it was pointed out. To be honest, the most I'd do is a selective slight desaturation of that section just to stop it grabbing attention. Not sure if it's worth it, as the shot works really well anyway, I really like it. A very natural well let portrait.
Thank you. I did expect people to notice the entrance to the shopping centre in the background and if I may tone it down a touch, but, as you said, I don't think it detracts much.

Back