weekly Middlearthimages, 52 for 2015 WEEK 3 Scenic Added

Hi John :)

Ooooo a nice log burner, the cat sure must think this blissful too !!

The DoF is just about there, minor crit I find the shadows a bit too harsh, but and I'm liking that the shot isn't too bright, looks like a nice winters evening where you could get comfy with a loved one, good start to your 52 (y)

A log burner and a cat curled up in front, fits the theme perfectly :)
Although the cat looks less than impressed having its picture taken :D

Lovely image .maybe have taken a little lower to get all fingers in. Like the tones.

Not sure how I've missed this thread... I see you've added your pic to the main pic thread, but there was no link to here. If you click on the number in the bottom right corner (#18 for your "Fragile" shot) you'll get a pop up with a link to that post in particular. Should look like this...

Code:
[URL="http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/middlearthimages-52-for-2015-week-2-fragile-added.573443/#post-6669001"]Middlearthimages, 52 for 2015 WEEK 2 Fragile Added[/URL]

Both images are brilliant. Fragile in particular caught my eye. Great use of B&W, excellent subject framing & composition, nice shallow DOF and lovely gentle lighting. Top shot!

Hi John

It's my first TP52 too

Bliss - I love it my idea of bliss on a cold winters night. I agree the cat looks less then impressed at being disturbed or is he/she just thinking you are not getting me to move from this spot it's mine.

Fragile - Fits the theme perfectly for me and really like the B&W conversaion

Good one John. Meets theme challenge. I would like to see the image made slightly softer - not sure how but there will be experts out there who do know the answer. Is there any sharpening been done? Maybe to much contrast? All that having been said, I do like it. Well done

Not sure how I've missed this thread... I see you've added your pic to the main pic thread, but there was no link to here. If you click on the number in the bottom right corner (#18 for your "Fragile" shot) you'll get a pop up with a link to that post in particular. Should look like this...

Code:
[URL="http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/middlearthimages-52-for-2015-week-2-fragile-added.573443/#post-6669001"]Middlearthimages, 52 for 2015 WEEK 2 Fragile Added[/URL]

Both images are brilliant. Fragile in particular caught my eye. Great use of B&W, excellent subject framing & composition, nice shallow DOF and lovely gentle lighting. Top shot!

Thanks for feedback , still unable to link.

Bliss - looks lovely! What a lovely image both in terms of the picture but also curling up in front of that!! Nearly missed the cat, not a willing model?

Fragile - another baby one, good capture. The B&W of it really enhances.

Good luck with this week!

HI John, made it here finally :wave:

Bliss....ohhhh liking that a lot...makes me feel all relaxed & cosy :) Slightly harsh shadows as Dean mentioned but it's a corker of an image to start your challenge :clap:

Fragile.......beautiful DOF & super sharp focus where it's needed :clap: Crit wise it's just the clipped finger

Thanks everybody for your comments. I'm still trying to work out how to quote many together.
regards,
john
to quote many replies simply click the "+quote " instead of the " quote"....press how many you want to reply to & you'll see a little message box bottom left that says " insert quotes"...job sorted (y)
The box that comes up is part hidden. out of view In bottom of screen.

thanks

Back