Midland railway centre.

Bumph GB

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Last thursday turned into quite a nice day weather wise and although i had made plans to do some housework with my spare time i couldn`t resist getting the camera out. I had to go into Ripley (Derbyshire) to pay a few bills which put me very near to the preserved railway that runs between Hammersmith and Pye Bridge with stations at Butterley and Swanwick. The station at Swanwick is also home to several museums which i decided to have a walk around, anyway enough rambling on here`s some photos:

1)
DSC_1039.jpg

2)
DSC_1038.jpg

3)
DSC_1052.jpg

4) More of a landscape shot really.
DSC_1054.jpg

Inside the museums
5)
DSC_1031.jpg

6)
DSC_1043.jpg

7)
DSC_1046.jpg

8) Inside a Royal mail carriage
DSC_1022.jpg

9)
DSC_1016.jpg

C&C Welcome though, this isn`t really my sort of subject normally.
Thanks for looking :wave:

i think i remember going ther on a school trip many moons ago. just recognise the red train, nice to know it still around though. not my sort of pics, but look ok to me, other than the sky in the landscape one looks a little dark and distracting

i think i remember going ther on a school trip many moons ago. just recognise the red train, nice to know it still around though. not my sort of pics, but look ok to me, other than the sky in the landscape one looks a little dark and distracting

Thats a shame, it looks fine on my laptop. To be fair though, it isn`t the best screen, i`ll have to stop processing my shots on it and use my main pc.

Very good shots, love the B&W ones, a real sense of nostagia about those.:clap:

Back