arclight

Oooh that burglar's a cutie
Name
Doug
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone had any experience of selling kit to Mifsuds, brixham, South Devon
www.mifsuds.com

Always have mag ads for kit from all makers.

Anyone had any experience of selling kit to Mifsuds, brixham, South Devon
www.mifsuds.com

Always have mag ads for kit from all makers.

Dealers will be looking to at least 100% markup, so if they sell for £400, you'll get £200 max.

I avoid s/h dealers on principle tbh!

Although Mifsuds as a store are excellent.

Have sold kit to them as in p/ex against kit I was buying from them at the same time. A fair price was always offered for my kit.

Have always found them to be very straightforward and a pleasure to do business with.

I have traded in against other kit & allways had a good deal

I sold a lens to MXV for £220 (iirc). They put it up for £400, then six months later reduced it to £300. Now if you account for VAT they are making sod all on it! :LOL:

Trying to make a 100% mark-up doesn't look that unreasonable given that example.

People seem to dislike the idea of a business actually making a profit out of them, but that's what they're there for and have overheads to cover whilst doing it. They have money tied up in stock rather than working for them. They have to offer a warranty and will certainly make a loss if anyone makes a claim against it.

Wickes probably pay 30p for a 20m length of rope they charge over £6 for. PC World's buying power will enable them to get USB leads from China for 20p whilst they're £5 in store.

When you sell your kit to people like this, you have to accept a proportion of your sale is paying for the convenience of an instant sale and handing all the hassle over to the dealer.

i bought my tamron from mifsurd, can;t fault them, bought on Sunday item delivered on Tuesday. fair delivery charge as well

Got my D200 from Mifsuds all done by email and px in the post they quoted a price for my S2 pro without seeing it and stuck to the price once they recieved it. On this one experience they were very good to deal with! (y)

When I last visited the folks, I popped in and had a good rummage round the D700. Nice folks, and the secondhand shelves are full to bursting with interesting stuff...

Should've bought that Hassleblad box they had - worn and battered, but would've taken all my kit nicely..

Being local this shop is my first choice when i need something quickly.
Always a pleasure shopping there with friendly staff and a good old school family feel to the place (y)

Looks like I'll be off there next week to pick up another back for my New (well to me anyway) RB67 outfit.

Good replies folks. Very encouraging.

I realise private sales bring a better price, but sometimes it's easier to deal with a business.

Personally i wouldn't use the place, supposed to be a grubby pit of a shop, take a look at post 8 in this thread HERE that in itself put me off the place, dust dirt and camera gear just don't mix well, apart from the other negative's on the thread :thumbsdown:

Vote here for Mifsuds, even if they have an appalling email answering track record.

Don't know if your experience is typical or mine is, but:-

I emailed them yestreday with details of kit for sale.
I got an email with an offer within the hour.

This morning emailed them asking if they could raise the offer.
30 mins later I got a reply with an improved offer which I accepted.

Don't know if your experience is typical or mine is, but:-
I emailed them yestreday with details of kit for sale.
I got an email with an offer within the hour.
This morning emailed them asking if they could raise the offer.
30 mins la ter I got a reply with an improved offer which I accepted.
Wow. Maybe it was something I said!:shrug:

They're not alone though afaic. SurreyPhoto are equally poor, among others.

Wow. Maybe it was something I said!:shrug:

They're not alone though afaic. SurreyPhoto are equally poor, among others.

I find firms, in general, tend not to be all that great at responding to email.

I never had a problem getting replies from them, usually within the hour.

Never tried Emailing them but their service was excellent ordered something l sunday over the phone it arrived Tuesday morning as promised,item had the wrong charger lead in package (not their fault ) sent another 1 0ut Tuesday and arrived Wednesday. I was very happy with the service provided and i'm a fussy B*gg*r (y)

Never tried Emailing them but their service was excellent ordered something l sunday over the phone it arrived Tuesday morning as promised,item had the wrong charger lead in package (not their fault ) sent another 1 0ut Tuesday and arrived Wednesday. I was very happy with the service provided and i'm a fussy B*gg*r (y)

Been excellent since I started communicating with them.
Very fast email response. Mostly within the hour.
Sent off my kit to them yesterday. They got it this morning and emailed to say the cheque will be posted to me today.

I'll use them again.

Just done a deal with Matt at mpb photographic they advertise on here, Can't recommend him enough,

Mifsuds, have just done a part ex deal with them, could not have gone smoother, could not have been simpler, very pleased with the service, I would have no hesitation using them again. (y)

Back