Misty Morning Sunrise

i like the image but as stated above the objects in the sky need to go. they mat be bits of cloud but they look odd. also the highlights are a little hot and an ND filter would have helped this. there seems to be alot of sky. im wondering if this is due to an un-photogenic foreground? id like to have seen a little less sky giving the image better balance.

Hi Barratt, Yes you see the tree at the bottom of the image just below that is loads of trees and tops of houses. So it would of added way to much distractions. I can see what you mean by the objects in the sky that need to go.

Kit used:

Canon 650D
Canon EF 70-300mm f4-5.6 IS USM Lens
ISO100
Shutter Speed 1/20
F/25

Thanks

I'd crop some of the sky out and those objects are prob dust bunnies shot at F25.

Hi Barratt, Yes you see the tree at the bottom of the image just below that is loads of trees and tops of houses. So it would of added way to much distractions. I can see what you mean by the objects in the sky that need to go.

Kit used:

Canon 650D
Canon EF 70-300mm f4-5.6 IS USM Lens
ISO100
Shutter Speed 1/20
F/25

Thanks

Im guessing a tripod was used so I hope you remembered to turn the IS on your lens :p

Wow it doesnt look that compressed to im surprised its that lens. Only thing I would say is your f stop is a little heavy and I know that the dof would be narrow otherwise but as you dint have anything to close am sure f16 would have been fine. Anything over 16 on crop bodies seems to bring defraction and lower overall quality

Back